best dxi piano?

pattygram

hi all, whats the best dxi piano, the one that came w/ hs2002 is ok but there must be a better piano sound available for dxi any suggestions?

If you haven't delved into the world of soundfonts yet, definitely check them out. (Basically a collection of samples that are assigned to your MIDI notes - some great posts here from James Argo and others that should pop up if you do a search) Anyway, I'm using a decent one that I got from here. The price was definitely right - FREE is about all that fits in my budget after shelling out the beans for Sonar itself :( :D.

guttadaj said:
If you haven't delved into the world of soundfonts yet, definitely check them out. (Basically a collection of samples that are assigned to your MIDI notes - some great posts here from James Argo and others that should pop up if you do a search) Anyway, I'm using a decent one that I got from here. The price was definitely right - FREE is about all that fits in my budget after shelling out the beans for Sonar itself :( :D.

You'd better check you link. Its $5 for a download or $17 for a CD and definetly not free.

No, it's really free. I would have remembered paying for it, cuz even $5 would just about break the bank at this point! :eek: LOL! There is a list of pay stuff, but below that and the pictures of the credit cards is the free soundfont link. Check it out... :)

If you can use soundfonts, this is simply amazing!
Whoa,that looks like the real deal.I may have to download that.
Do I need that SFpack,or can I unzip it with XP or Winrar?

Edirol Orchestral has the best real sounding piano's sounds i've heard short of sample of a real piano like gigasampler or vsampler

IMHO, just like Drums, Guitars, and any other instruments, "Best" Piano is realy subjective. There's more than hundreds "best" piano sample/soundfonts/DXi around. First we must know the "typical" sound you're lookin' for. Is it Grand piano? Rhodes? Honkytonk? Bright? EP? etc. etc. Will it be used with orchestra, or may be rock band? What genre? It would be better if you have many samples to compare. I've got a friend who has ~24 CDs contain samples of piano sound in vary format. Don't ask me which is the best :D

;)
Jaymz

Back