Best drum software

Where are your drum sounds coming from ?

a) sound card ? --- what do you have?
If you want to go the SB route, their cards support about 10 drum kits or more. Cheaper option than sound module or drum machine

b) synth or synth module ?
How many drum kits does it have ?
Are you using the default drum kit ?

Why don't you like Battery 2? I think it has a great collection of samples, not to mention you can tweak each one to hell and back. Good buy for 200 bucks.

Actually, I just missed your post stating you did rock music. Now it all makes sense. I do rap and hip hop. Nevermind.

If you have the processing power check these out..

FYI be careful these programs are RAM pigs, but they sound great!
I currently use Drumkit From Hell 2, which is a very good sounding drum kit. Sonor kit with different snare choices, you can choose between different beaters on the kicks. The program samples the drums using the left and right hand of the drummer, really cool! The company also makes a Superior version with tons more drum kits and samples!
BFD is a similar program with a hell of a lot more drum kits and samples, and you can even control the overhead, and room mics to different positions in the room.
Make sure you read the post boards to make sure you can run these programs before you buy! But these programs really make a differance in the sound of your drums!

Back