Best Drum Sequencer for Alesis DM6

thomaswomas

I've just bought an Alesis DM6 drum kit for my home studio. It comes with a lite version of EZDrummer which isn't great as it is very limited obviously.

But before I go and spend the cash on the full version, I'm wondering if anyone can suggest a good drum sequencer to go with me new drum kit so that I can play live drums into my DAW.

When my band recorded our last album, i made a point of recording samples of the individual drums on my proper kit, so ideally I'd like a software that lets you upload your own drum samples and assign them to specific drum pads on the kit. EZdrummer doesn't let you do this as far as I know. I've checked out Battery but don't want to fork out the £150+ unitl I'm sure it's the best one to go for. Are there any others that have trial versions or that anyone can recommend?

Thanks

If you're on PC check out One Small Clue's 'Poise'. It has everything you need including the ability to load WAV. AIFF and Sound Font files.

It's $49 on this side of the pond, and a demo version is available so you can see if it suits your needs.

Back