Best deals on Roland drum modules and pads?

memo

I've been looking forward to getting a Roland electronic kit which consists of the TD-8 brain with an assortment of pads and accessories. So far the best prices I've found on the net were at Zzounds. I'll be in NYC next week, is there a higher chance that Sam Ash or Manny's will have a lower price?

Or where can I find the lowest prices?

Thanks a lot

I was looking at the same thing (Roland v-custom kit) but after speaking with a pro drummer, decided on Pintech pads and the Roland TD-10 module. I had never heard of Pintech so I began some research. It turn out that this is what all the pro's use. They are USA made from billet aluminum. (not plastic) These pads ROCK! They blow away Roland v-drums. Don't take the word of the burger flipper at your local music store. The Roland module can be adjusted so that the pads respond as good or better than v-drums. The pads cost less and have a lifetime warrantee.
I purchased from Guitar Center because I know some people and they stocked everything. I walked out with a 5 piece on a rack with (3) 2 zone cymbals, hihat pad and pedal, Roland TD-10 (Quieter that TD-8 plus a gazillion other advantages) a new DW 5000 kick pedal for $2900. I got a good deal but I saved enough on the pads to upgrade my module. Chech out edrums.com it is worth the effort.

Back