Best DAW for loop editing ?

Johnny Rico

Hi, I wanted to have some hints about buying a DAW which could be user friendly with my wave loops (rock, metal loop samples).

I want to edit my loops, cuting anywhere, paste, slice, in order to make my own fills.

I used Cubase SX3 but I didn't really like it for loops.

Thanks !

Most daw's have good support for looping stuff. Ableton live is pretty heavy into loops if you wanna go that path. Also, reaper is free (until guilty) and can probably get you started if not take you all the way to where you wanna go. www.reaper.fm

Check em out!! and good luck

Sony Acid (Pro or Music Studio)
It started out as loop creation and manipulation software and still does a lot of things very well, intuitively and in some cases better than other stuff out there

Yeah, I heard about Acid, I think I will try it soon.

Should I work my loops on Acid and everything else (midi VSTi, audio tracks...) on Cubase ?

Can I easily export my work from Acid ?

Acid'll let you export as WAV MP3 etc etc but actually the latest releases also do a pretty decent job of recording and MIDI as well as solid VST.VSTi compatability

Currently I do everything in ACID and have no problems running any Waves, Wavearts, Voxengo, PHP or Izotope plugs
and I'm using NI and Toontrack MIDI intsruments and live recordings too

I don't personally see a reason to have 2 separate DAW softwares to switch back and forth between. At a home recording level it just seems like lot of needless hassle

yup acid

I'm all about acid. it's very user friendly and great for visualizing the beats.
as far a more then one DAW... I really only do this depending on the recording enviro. system taxing and all. : )

Back