Best budget studio monitors?

Docaroo

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a pair of (preferably) active studio monitors for home recording through my PC.

Budget, lets say around £100-£150 ($250 - $300), whats a decent set??

Don't be afraid to go under budget either hehe :) Thanks!

Do a search for Active Monitors in this forum, you'll get plenty of examples.

I'd recommend you go somewhere and listen to all the brands you'll be entertaining.

I personally chose the Alesis M1 MKII monitors in that price range.

Wharfedale 8.2As may be a little bit out of your price range ($340), but I have them and so far I haven't had an issue with translation. Though I should say that I haven't fully tested them yet. But the few mixes I've done sound as right on any other system as they do on the Wharfes. Not that my mixes are good, just that the crap translates well :D.

Last edited:
:D AND, before mixing, pour a double Laphroaig With ONE ice cube and no matter what monitors you're using, you'll sound fine.

Green Hornet :D
Cheers from the Colonies

For £150 perhaps a pair of Tannoy reveal active from ebay.
I got a pair very cheap locally a few days ago and think they sound quite good, though i haven't tested how they translate.

I'd suggest a pair of..

...M-Audio BX5as, although saying that one of mine just recently packed up. Lovely sound though (atleast to my ears - I had been monitoring through a HiFi previously). Got mine for £120 inc. VAT from Sound Control in Birmingham

Back