Best audio Interface under 500$

sbesozzi

Hey guys!

I started recording with a M-Audio Fasttrack USB and quickly upgraded to an Mbox 3 (4 inputs model). I was disapointed when I noticed that even though there's 4 inputs you can only use 2 at a time. And that it has only 1 headphone output.

Basically I'm looking for an interface that has at LEAST 4 inputs that can be used at the same time. 2 headphone outputs and of course 1/4" output for monitors. Could be USB or FireWire. Has to be compatible with Reaper. And I want the best quality possible in a 500$ range.

Anything comes to your mind?

ZOOM R-16 or the R-24

it is an interphase

it is a controller that will let you use the machine to adjust levels without a mouse and keyboard

and it is a stand-alone recorder
the best reason in my opinion to buy this instead of some rack-interphase
plus you can daisy chain two machines together to record 16 simultaneous track

lots of good effects on board too

you can get them under 400 bucksIMG_20130223_170618.jpg

Wow it looks great! Thanks a lot man! Is there any level monitors on it?

Not sure what you're asking there, but the spec on that website says: -

Features/Specifications
•Four award-winning Focusrite mic pres
•18 inputs, 8 outputs
•Two headphone outputs with separate level controls
•Rugged metal unibody chassis
•High quality 24bit/96KHz audio interface for Mac, PC and iPad*
•Unique gain halos enable visual level monitoring
•Scarlett MixControl ultra low-latency DSP mixer and router
•Main monitor control with mute function
•Includes the Scarlett Plug-in Suite (Compression, Gating, EQ and Reverb for tracking and mixing), Ableton Live Lite, Loopmasters sample content and the Novation Bass Station analogue modelling synth plug-in *(via Apple Camera Connection Kit ? not included)

And you can probably check out the focusrite website for full specs.

Something like the Tascam US600 or US800 would also do the job and not break the bank. :thumbs up:

I should have thought of Tascam! I went straight to Focusrite because of the reputation of their preamps.

Looking at those two on the Tascam website, it seems only the US800 offers two headphone sockets - I can't see if they are independently controlled, though, or just a 1/4" and 1/8" socket for the same output.

Back