Besame Mucho

I think your singing sounds fantastic. The rest sounds like great concepts, but some of the sounds themselves sound old school MIDI-ish to me, kind of like 90's ringtone sounds. I exaggerate a bit, but I do feel very aware that the sounds are synthetic while listening. Even if it is not your goal to hide that they are digital instruments, I'd look for a different program with more realistic (e.g. samples) or at least more complex timbres. Especially because your voice sounds so authentic and has so much feeling.

Kerrio

Whoa, chill on the reverb.

I'm sorry, but this is not good. The vocals are done well, but the crazy, glassy reverb kills it. Also, the mix is all out of whack. Is this a vocal take over a pre-existing backing track? It sounds like vocals were just dropped on top instead of actually mixed into the song. That's why it's called a "mix". ;)

great vocals...too much reverb for sure...but I wouldnt touch it until I addressed the midi sounds, although it's well performed it sounds like it came from a casio demo...no offence, if these are softsynths it wouldnt take much tweaking to get them sounding either more realistic or just less cheesy....unless you were looking to make something for novelty value it seems a shame to waste such a great job on the vocals

Thanks all! I will be working with this more to see if I can swing anything better out of Virtual Instruments :P. Unfortunately I am short a surplus of musicians >< so I'm stuck with them for now. But I think I can do better... just need to keep trying new things!

Gob

Oh, I'm also a Pro Tools n00b, so I'm trying all sorts of strange things to see if I can get a decent sound out of my machine :)

Also working with a SM57, which is damn near invincible, but unfortunately isn't great for recording vocals (or maybe I'm making bad use of it, n00b status is working against me here :P)

Id say your doing a pretty good job with the vocals...just remember that most presets in synth take a bit of work...and ones mimicking real instruments take the most work, most of us here do all our own instrumentation, with various degrees of success, but they are seldom sounds just out of the box, so to speak :)

Can the reverb setting & go accapella. The reverb is accentuating the SSSSs amongst other things.
It does come across as a Casio demo - it's not the playing or arrangement - just the sounds. In fact you'd get a better result using really synthetic sounds like a Bronski Beat or Yahzoo song.

Back