Behringer Vamp

Necrothing

I've been having a look at the Behringer VAmp Pro, just wonder if anyone could give me a review on this.

Micing an amp isn't a reality for me due to the proximity of many neighbours, so I was thinking about feeding my Quadraverb GT into a cab/amp simulator to get a decent recording sound.

If anyone has any opinions on this, I'd be more than happy to hear them, or hear about alternatives.

Thanks in advance.

I own the V-amp pro. It is a pretty good peice of equipment. Unfortunately I am just using mine as a pre-pro right now because I got kind of sick of the amp and cabinet emulations. The connectivity that it offers are pretty good as well as the sound quality.

I had one for a while. It's quite good for the price. I would recommend it for demos, but not for serious guitar takes. You just can't beat the real thing IMO. BTW, you won't need to use your Quadraverb GT with a V-Amp. (Unless you really want to of course) ...

I've owned the V-Amp Pro for over a year. I use it for studio recording and I have to hold my hands up and say Behringer have turned out a nice piece of kit here at a truly affordable price.

There's a few nice presets in the box but the thing really comes to life when you get into it and start editing the features. I wouldn't part with mine for love nor money.

If you go HERE you can here it in action in the songs High Five, New York & Blameless

Alec

I agree with LemonTree, there are some nice presets...I have the BassV-Amp Pro, have used it both live and for recording direct, and I have to say that it's at it's best when user editted. I've had problems with noise on some of the effects, so I usually just run dry (ALWAYS when recording), and I always use outboard compression (either a Behringer Composer or my old standby Rocktron 311).

I use the V-Amp to pre almost everything but drums and vox. I've found the unit to be almost too versatile at times, you can spend a lot of time dialing in settings if you aren't exactly sure of what you want.

...It sure makes my cheap old Hohner accoustic sound legitimate!!

I haven't heard the guitar version, but if you want all-around instrumental versatility I'd definitely have a session or two with the Bass V-Amp Pro.

Eric

I have both the V-Amp Pro and the Bass V-Amp Pro, and I love 'em. Also agree with what's been said already - the presets are okay, but it's easy enough to tweak to taste or create from scratch. I recently adjusted a preset on the Bass V-Amp that made me sound like Jah Wobble! There is also free V-Amp Editor software on the Behringer website. I haven't used it myself, but I hear you can do more detailed patch editing with it. Great bang for buck!

Back