BEHRINGER V-AMP PRO vs. LINE 6 POD PRO

mattimus

im looking for a rack mountable effects unit/amp modeler and im looking at the behringer v-amp pro. it seems to be pretty sweet for $275/canadian

im basicly just using it for ghost tracking guitars.. but as well i wamnt to use it for recording guitars when im writing songs...
can anyone who owns a v-amp pro let me know if its a good bang for the buck..

as well, does it have a tuner?

well I own a vamp2 which is the same thing except its not rack mountable and doesn't have as many connection options. It's also made with plastic unlike the pro. I think it's great for the money. I've heard clips from the pod xt and it doesnt really sound any worse. It's also very easy to use. Yes it has a tuner. I mean the pod pro XT is what 800 bucks(USD) and the vamp pro is (169.99USD). HUGE price difference but the difference in sound is minimal.

is the vamp pro made of plastic too?

isd the tuner very acurate? im using this for a home studio and i need guiars to sound tight

can't you guys use the search? There's been 100s of threads about this one

The V-Amp Pro isn't all plastic but the tuner could do with a few more step lights between flat and sharp IMO. Straight out the box the presets are shit but it kills the POD when you get in and tweak your own plus the routing options beat the POD hands down. Make sure you buy one from a dealer who'll swap out faulty old for new. I had to return 3 before I got a reliable one.

Yep, I have a v-amp pro and love it. It's made of metal, and IMO a pretty nice looking piece of rack gear. Large variety of sounds and if you download the free software and hook it up via midi you can edit everything on your computer. And yes it has a decent tuner - not like a high quality strobe tuner or anything, but at least as good as the "stomp-box" tuners I've seen. Definitely a lot of bang for the buck!

Hey mattimus, thought you were going to change your screen name? ;) Did you ever get the cracked Cubase software working?

I'd do a search here about the V-amp Pro - it's been talked about a lot around here. It seems that it does indeed possess (bang for the buck) and sounds decent too.

I own the POD, and have tried the V-Amp... I'm actually considering selling the POD, buying the V-amp, and pocketing the difference... No way is the gap in price on these two relational to the quality...

hey warble.. i acually decided to go straight... as i was offered a good paying job for the summer. im spending $3000 on all new gear
project mix I/O
Yorkville YSM2P monitors
and most importantly:
a PAYED verson of protools m-powered 7

Good for you man...

That project mix I/O looks pretty interesting to me as well, but I'm happy with my Echo Layla 3G. Read in your other threads about the studio space too - good luck with all that.

thanks man.. no hard feelings :)

yeah i like the projet mix.. iv been to my local long and mcquade about 4 times playing with it.. there sick of me :)

theres nothing im wondering about at all... i have all my questions answered, I's dotted ad T's crossed... just looking for a review on its overall feel.. like how the mic pres are and shit ya know.. just wana make aure it aint shiot before i drop cash on it.

and thanks for tyhe well wishes about the studio space.. i was there today jamming with some guys (im also a drummer) and i was measuring every inch... its also my dads office (i got the back room and a storage closet for my studio/rehearsal space) so i cant build or remove any walls.. which sucks... but we'll see how it turns out.

All Behringer Equipment is brilliant quility and there pricess are good.My Vamp does exactly what I need and has never given me any problems.

Back