Behringer V-Amp Pro connection options.. which one

Fenderville

Hello all..

I am need to connect my V-Amp Pro to my mixer and the mixer is connected to the sound card on my computer..

Question is... what outputs do I use to connect to the mixer.. I will be recording direct for now.

I don't really want to take up two channels of mic/balanced inputs on my mixer..

So if I go out from the unbalanced 1/4" to the mixer I WILL NOT BE able to use the amp sim?

I am not sure if I HAVE to go out from the Balanced/mic outs to balance/mic inputs to get the amp and cabinet sims..

Thanks for any help.. the manual is fairly vague..

Look at the chart on page 10 of the manual [tab 3.1 configurations]. It shows the modes to use depending on which outputs you are using.

soo.. if i go by s1.. the first model.. then I can use the unbalanced outputs and get all the amp and speaker sims.. recording direct?

It seems to contradict the other parts of the manual..

soo.. if i go by s1.. the first model.. then I can use the unbalanced outputs and get all the amp and speaker sims.. recording direct?

That is correct except for the "ultra-G simulation which only works on the XLR outs. If you have an SPDIF input on your soundcard that would work even better.

Last edited:
Outputs? You can use any outputs your mixer has, you might need some converters to get a left and right mono TS cable to an 1/8" headphone jack on the other end for your PC's line in. Does the mixer have tape out's, ie a stereo RCA output? You can get an rca-1/8" cable anywhere. You can also use the headphones jack, which takes a TRS in 1/4 or 1/8" and run it to your PC line in. All you'd need for that is a single TRS cable.

Connect your v-amp to one channel on the mixer. It's a mono signal, and you can pan it hard left or hard right to send it to ONE channel of your main mix, L or R. You can leave it center if you want, but it'll be an identical signal on both L and R unless you have some fx on the board or something altering it after it gets to the mixer. Assuming you're not, recording 2 identical signals is a waste of drive space, so you should just record the L or R, not both. You can tell your daw to just record a mono track off one side.

Wouldn't the Unbalanced 1/4inch outs and the xlr balanced outs be analog?

Would there be any benifit to using the XLR/Balanced outs?

Back