Behringer tube mics

Well, for what it's worth.
A vocal rendition from about 10 to 12 inches away.
Give it a listen and let me know what you hear.
I've had the tube burning in for 24 hrs now and I'll give it the same again.
I love the tone, by the way but I am severely plugged up in the sinuses right now so please forgive.

MixcraftLive: home
I haven't looked under the hood.
How would I go about that?

I've got to say this doesn't actually sound too bad, the high end isn't as brittle as most of the other cheap condenser microphones, that surprises me a bit.
Sibilance isn't too bad either, could be better but still for the price i don't think anybody could complain.

I still can't take that tube view window on the t-47 seriously though, who thought that one up?

Any effects chain running on this? other than the reverb?

Cheers,
Matt

No, just the reverb and a bit of room noise.
So that's the mic, straight into the Korg D3200.
This mic seems to pick up more room so I'll try it with the acoustic panel later.
Also, a little bit of hiss that seems to be diminishing by the hour.
You can do some comparisons here. Jim Brannigan: audio files

HA HA HA Well I'm not sure for I don't have one (WOW ... maybe though $153.48 at MF that's insane! just cardioid though)

Lets see either the body will unscrew at it's middle or the bottom will unscrew to slide the body up or down or there maybe a set screw or two on the bottom of the microphone.
I like getting a new microphone cause opening the body is always a puzzle, aside from recording with it there is half the fun right there!

The top pulls straight off and is completely lined inside with foam.
It's called a "Large Condenser" but it looks to be about 1/2".
They say it's 16mm, Which is the exact same as the C1.
It is actually 16mm if you include the plastic ring around?
So it's a C1 with a tube.
What qualifies as LDC?

I'd love to go the next step and have a look inside but I'd hate to damage it.
Anyway, regardless of the size of the diaphragm, it's a very nice mic.

Good advice, BD.
I'm on day 3 of burning it in too.
I'll try running it through the Pre 73 and the 3Q later but am more interested how it does "Flat" right now.

I still can't take that tube view window on the t-47 seriously though, who thought that one up?
AKG, actually.

Turns out that I left this one burning in for a total of five days and it is an excellent mic.
Not trying to start the thread up again.
Just ending it.

Back