Behringer "Truths" info

S0C9

Steve
Hi all,
I'm planning on acquiring a set of Behringer "Truths" [for my home studio] toward the end of the year - based on all I've read on them - and went down to my local GC [today] to listen to them.

Pro audio guy says we don't have them in stock any more - they're special order only. So [of course] I ask why ?
They had too many of them - and I quote... "blow up, catch fire and be returned".
He did say that that was about a year ago, but has not heard anything lately. Is this the kind of GC sales "associate" I should avoid? I've never heard of anythingl like that happening to the Truths.

Should I be looking at some other type of monitor ? Would like to.. no, need to.... stay under $500.
Can anyone shed some light ?
Thanks
Steve

First I heard of a monitor catching fire; smells like bullshit from here. If they are truly dangerous than they wouldn't order them at all. A LOT of people praise the Yorkville YSM1p powered monitors. Under $500 everywhere I've looked, albeit I haven't found a boatload of retail outlets for them.

wheelema,
I thought it was a bunch of BS as I'd not heard of it ever happening !! Dude tried to turn me on to a set of KRK passive's @ $350 EACH....
Think I'll buy me some real "Truth" in a couple of weeks !!
LOL
Thanks,
Steve

Well, I've had my Truths for a year and a half, and they haven't lit up yet. :)

GC is famous for bad mouthing equipment they either stopped/aren't carrying or keep in stock.

Try this experiment. Go to GC, go around to different depts. and ask for stuff they don't carry. 8 out of 10 times the response will be a slam against that particular manufacturer or model.

Then listen to the sales rep. as they talk up and try to sell you a competing model -- which will be something they *do* have in stock.

Can you say Sales Tactic?

'Course, they're not the only ones. Have seen it also at Sam Ash and Mars (back when they were in business).

-bruce

i'm not backing GC at all here.. but i happen to know someone that had a flame shoot outta the tweeter a few months back..
the monitors aren't bad for the price.. i've used them plenty of times.. but with a crappy room don't even bother with them..

the MAIN problem with the truths.. the sheilding.. you can hear the raido comming outta them sometimes.. some don't, most do..

Back