Behringer Subwoofer HELP!!!

Billyo488

i got a behringer sub and an alesis 16 multimix. on the multimix it has only 2 controll room outs. On the behringer subwoofer it has no quarter inch trs jacks like the control outs on the mixer. the subwoofer has all XLR ports though. So i buoght 2 left and right TRS to XLR cables. Now those cables run from controll room out on my mixer to the input XLR on the sub. Quite Simple. Then i bouht 2 mic cables, connected those to the XLR outs on the sub and ran them out to my speakers (behringer truth). When i play music barley any bass comes out at all. It sounds very low and muffled. How do i fix this., did i hook it up wrong. Di i adjust the phase or input trim on the sub and speakers? idk how to get it loud. The sub is 360 watts and im sure its not even close at all. can ANYONE help? :confused:?

Last edited:
Billyo488 said:
i got a behringer sub and an alesis 16 multimix. on the multimix it has only 2 controll room outs. On the behringer subwoofer it has no quarter inch trs jacks like the control outs on the mixer. the subwoofer has all XLR ports though. So i buoght 2 left and right TRS to XLR cables. Now those cables run from controll room out on my mixer to the input XLR on the sub. Quite Simple. Then i bouht 2 mic cables, connected those to the XLR outs on the sub and ran them out to my speakers (behringer truth). When i play music barley any bass comes out at all. It sounds very low and muffled. How do i fix this., did i hook it up wrong. Di i adjust the phase or input trim on the sub and speakers? idk how to get it loud. The sub is 360 watts and im sure its not even close at all. can ANYONE help? :confused:?

Check to make sure you've hooked everything up correctly. That you have the Left and Right In on the sub connected to the Alesis, and you've got the Left and Right Out connected to the monitors.

Also, are you sure the music you're listening to has adequate bass to begin with?
Are the Control Room Outs on your Alesis wired to accept TRS plugs?
Did you adjust the phase or room compensation switches?
Do you have the input gain switch up to a healthy level?

If everything is working correctly, the sub should be handling anything below 80 Hz, while everything else should go to the mains.
If you have the ability, you may want to run a sine wave through the system and sweep the frequencies and see if the sub is working properly.

I would say your first stop is to adjust the phase switch to the different options and see what that does for you. Also, in the manual they give tips and suggestions on room placement and angle. They note to make sure the back openings are not covered.

I've never heard any behringer monitors, so I don't have a frame of reference for how they sound.

Back