Behringer Pro VX2000

the Ozlee

I did a search through this forum on Behringer and I am afraid to ask anything about Behringer but, I don't have alot of money and I have not found any reviews on this product so please be gentle. How well do you think this vocal processer would work for a home studio? Coming up with $129. isn't easy right now and some of the things that I read in this forum leave me thinking I cann't afford anything but crap. I've got a good mixer that has good pre-amps and I am using N-Track and so far with my soundcard/computer setup I am getting good results. I am still in a learning curve but I am making progress. I've listened to alot of different music and feel good about what I am doing. I just still need a few more pieces of equipment ( HA HA HA yeah right )
of which this piece is really not a must have right now but, it seems like a bargin and that makes it a little hader to pass up.

Any advice is sincerly apreciated, Ozlee :confused:

Not all behringer stuff is crap. I think there weakest link is there mixing boards. B2 mic is a good deal, and ive heard good things about there rackmount compressor. So for a low buget, i think behringer IS the most bang for the buck. Ive been thinking of getting this unit allso. I have not read any reviews on it thou.

Here is something that got posted on another forum that caught my eye about this unit. I know it's a live forum but more and more you see highend money channels being used live. Anyway with out any further comment.

VX2000

Don Goguen

Thanks for the input guys. I don't always buy into all of the hype about something being crap just because someone had a bad experience or what ever with a product but, it does make me cautious.

Don:

I really appreciate the link and the review. I have added it to my list of favorites. Like the review stated, and it confirms some of what I thought, that most of the results you get out of any equipment is based on knowing how to use it within its limits.

Something I have thought about is that maybe doing this through my pc software would be a better first step but, any input anyone has I still want to hear about. Although there is something about getting the hardware and the signal the way I want or at least close sounds like the way to go to me.

Thanks for the input, Ozlee:)

Ozlee, I am not familiar with N-Track, I use Cakewalk, but it might be worthwhile to check into a software plug-in compressor. I started a thread on that subject awhile back..

http://www.homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?threadid=32857

Since then I have been spending more time using the Sonic Foundry compressor(s) which are packaged with Sound Forge and Acid, and which I believe are available seperately. Of the plug-ins I tried I cant say for sure they sounded the best, but they sound OK and are absolutely the most bug/trouble free that I tried. Up until very recently I have been using them more for limiting than tru compression but the last recording session I did spend more time playing with them, and am liking them more and more.

RW

Sorry it took so long to respond. My modem is not working on my pc. I guess I fried it with a spike through the phone line. I've been through the entire system looking for a software conflict or error but no luck.

N-Track has a user forum here at HR. for $40.00 it is one heck of a program. What I like about it is the results I'm getting with my soundcard. You ought to check it out. You can download it and try it for free with some limitations.

I'll check into your link. I guess what I've come around to is that this piece of equipment might give me better results with my EV mics. I just got a Nady condenser along with a free pop screen for $69.00 through Musician's Friend. I was familiar with this mic from someone else who was using it and I was impressed with the results that he had, but in my setup it presenst a different situation. One heck of a good mic for $69.00 plus a pop filter. Only problem is that it doesn't come with a stand adapter, another $10.00 to $30.00 for a clip or suspension mount.

One more thing have you checked out any vocal harmony software similar to Digidesgins Vocal Performer?

Thanks for the input and the link. I'll check it out.

Ozlee:cool:

Back