Behringer Mx-9000

tonyA

Okay, help me please before I plunk down a grand on this mixer. I know there are quite a few of you who are passionate about Behringers.

Why should I NOT buy this mixer? I tried the Mackie mixer from my friend's commercial practice studio and I didn't like the faders, especially that sudden volume boost between 7-8-9.

Any alternatives? I really prefer analog mixers so I do not have to navigate the menus on a tiny screen and everything is up and ready for me, plus I have the better options on my effects.

Thanks in advance.

tonyA said:
I tried the Mackie mixer from my friend's commercial practice studio and I didn't like the faders, especially that sudden volume boost between 7-8-9.
There are no faders marked with 7-8-9 on the 8-buss boards.... they're in dB! And I've never noticed any weird fader taper on mine...!

Look into a used Soundcraft Ghost, or an A&H board... personally, I wouldn't buy Behringer, but if it works for ya...!

I didn't mean literally 7,8,9, I mean from 0, there is a sudden boost at those approximate locations. Mackie explained that it simulates how our hearing perceive the sound volume. I am not the only one the notices this. Even Home Recording magazine review of their 1604 VLZ had the same observation. I just thought if my hearing perceives them in that manner - then I don't need any help from the board! Man, the accidents I get by increasing the volume on a channel that suddenly wallops the whole place with a teeny weeny bit movement at 7, 8 or 9....

Back