Behringer ms16?

perotis

seen these on Evilbay for $100

I'm looking to get some proper studio speakers and get away from the 40 year old stereo/speakers I'm using now.

Will these be a decent first step? Are they good enough for $100?

I have a set of these monitors.

It's hard to really describe how they are because I've not really had any other monitors in my recording history to compare them to. I will say that I enjoy them. The most recent recordings I did with them sound way better than the old headphone method I was using for mixing. Due to the size of them (or a Behringer thing), they do add a little compensation to the bass stuff, but I generally run a song through them that has a similar sound I'm going for as a reference when setting the bass and treble knobs. It is one extra little step to do, but it does pay off.

Although, $100 on the 'bay is a bit much. Samedaymusic.com has them for $70 with free shipping.

I guess it just seems to good to be true. A decent pair of powered studio speakers for less that the $300-a-PIECE cheapest ones I've seen till now. So i fully expect to want to upgrade sometime in the future. I just wanted to make sure that they would be 'good' enough for a first pair.

Pawn shops are the best place to find JBL...Yamaha...Tannoy and other brands for cheap as you can buy a Behringer brand new...Friends dont let friends buy Behringer

Back