Behringer mic100

HyperAXISZ2

Has anyone used the Behringer mic100 preamp? I bought mine used, and something I noticed after about 20 minutes of usage is that it heats up... quickly. The whole box becomes extra warm, and I'm wondering if this is normal? At one point I was afraid it was going to catch on fire... :confused: ... hah, sounds drastic, but it's really really warm... Is this a defect? It's a tube vacuum preamp, so I'm not sure if that contributes to how hot it should get...

Has anyone used the Behringer mic100 preamp? I bought mine used, and something I noticed after about 20 minutes of usage is that it heats up... quickly. The whole box becomes extra warm, and I'm wondering if this is normal? At one point I was afraid it was going to catch on fire... :confused: ... hah, sounds drastic, but it's really really warm... Is this a defect? It's a tube vacuum preamp, so I'm not sure if that contributes to how hot it should get
--------
* Hi...yes, I have two of these on the OUT L+ R of my Korg Triton.
I love 'em and yes, they do get hot....really hot....and so they should...they're valves and electrons are flying around at the speed of light!
Regards......MAWD

Yes, the area over the tube should get warm (my VTB1 does the same). If it's too hot to touch, there may be a problem.

Back