Behringer MIC 100

SteveMcB

Just some guy from NZ
www.behringer.co.uk/02_products/prodindex.cfm?id=MIC100&lang=eng

Anybody seen/heard one of these things? ART filed a lawsuit yet? I realise they're not gonna rival your vintechs etc, but they're cheaper than stomp-boxes - unless they sound absolutely terrible, they're gonna be useful for something right?

Behringer bashers - feel welcome to reply, but I know it's a ripoff and I know it's not gonna hang with the big boys already.

Thanks,
Steve

Well, it sure looks like a ripoff, but that doesn't mean it IS a ripoff. In fact, I don't think so. I've seen a number of similar units at the Frankfurt Musikmese, all emulating the ART Tube MP's cosmetics. Here's another one:

http://www.musik-produktiv.de/shop2...6919215-GOLO5BH841F7OC50J237F&quelle=volltext

I wonder why people like the design; I assume it is a cheap to produce. The Behringer has an additional limiter. Internally I don't think the Behringer and the ART are too similar. Behringer have their own starved plate designs, they even hold a patent on theirs. The Mic 100 has just come out, so I don't think anybody has bought one yet. The list price in Europe is 59 Euro. I'm considering to get one as a DI for guitar and bass, which I assume is pretty much all it is really good for. The impedance on the instrument input is 1meg, which is (theoretically) excellent for passive guitars and basses. At that price point I'd be surprised if it were a *really* decent sounding mic pre, but neither is the ART.

dbx and Tsm has already done mic pres in the same shape & size as the original Art...but I don't see how they, or the new Behringer, would be a ripoff. It's just a box.

Look at all the companies that packs their units into 19" rack units... they all look the same, and has about the same features.

Ripoff ? No. Similar product ? Yes.

SteveMcB said:
feel welcome to reply, but I know it's a ripoff . . .

Yea, it's a ripoff, but is it a ripoff of the tube mp, or is it a ripoff of this one?

http://www.dbxpro.com/minipre.htm

Actually, the Behringer looks more like the dbx, which is a ripoff of the Tube MP, so we may be looking at a second-generation ripoff; a ripoff of a ripoff.

Leave it to Behringer. :D

Still, I wonder how that Limiter sounds (?) I'd bet that thing would make a decent bass DI.

So it's now come to ripping off things that were shitty in the first place? Why not rip off something that is at least decent?

BTW. At the Frankfurt fair there were literally zillions of little mixers that looked like those lowend Behringers. Some had different colors, some looked exacly like those little Behringers. Even Yamaha had mixers like that (in Samson blue).

The best rapper is white, the best golf player is black, and Behringer is being "ripped off". The end is near, folks ;)

Back