Behringer magician

toby.I.

this has been discontiued now, but how good are they? i've found a used one but has anybody used them? i've previously been quite pround of recently ridding my studio of Behringer stuff, but i do need a lo-fi box. once i have put semi decent tubes in is it gonna sound any good. for any body who has forgotten it is a clone of the TL audio unit a while back the was 8 tube buffer amps/ or the SPL unit- but the behringer has a variable 'tube sound' control

FFS

My mate Future Funk Squad has one of these, you really have to drive those valves for the full effect, which is more to add those lovely harmonics than gain up the signal, but its worth it!

I love my tube composer which has the same valves, sound great to me.

Edd B

cheers man, i've never used the beh valve stuff. i do hip hop so audio fidelity is not really a huge issue!

Not sure if it

Not sure if it will lofi the sound, but it will make the sound kind of more transparent and lively. Valves are wonderful things, i mean a tube guitar amp is nicer to listen to than a transistor amp.

I produce breaks, go check my site at www.transformerman.co.uk

BIGGEST piece of sh*t i ever tried.

i was able to try one out in my studio for a while, and i was happy to send it back. the thing is discusting. it doesn't sound like valve warmth at all. infact, you will probably see the lightbulb behind each valve if you look closely.

the biggest pain in the ass is you have to give it a LOT of level. the needle really needs to be hovering around it's max point to get any "warmth" going, and to do that, you have to give it some SERIOUS signal. with all the buss outs on my desk maxed out to full, it still wasn't really enough. and when it did work, it just f*cked the mix up big time.

i wouldn't use it if you paid me thousands.

honestly, dont get it.

the tube composer was bad too. i used to turn off the valves and use it as a normal composer. i sold that in the end. it added this horrible spike around 3k. tell you something....my friend has a studio, and he handed me a cd of his band. and the next day, i told him tracks 2, 3, 6 had a behringer tube composer on the vocal. and you know what? i was damn right. it's just got this sound when you turn the valves on. eww.

ill pass.

Back