Behringer FCA202 interface with Sonar4

lapieuvre

Hi,

I recently bought a Behringer FCA202 interface with firewire. I wanted to record over my laptop, a P4 2.4Mhz 512 Meg Ram, running WinXp Home.

It seemed to work well but after I listened to the recording i heard some glitches in the sound. After more observations I could see that the CPU usage was at around 3% but once in a while jumped at the warning state. (that is where the glitches came from I presume)(BTW I recorded 48Khz 16 bit).

The seller claims that the problem is my hard drive... I have problem beleiving that. After all, I record only in 16 bits. Anyone using the Behringer interface?

I tried changing the latency putting it at maximum, played with buffer size, but didn't change anything. Any other ideas? (is Behringer the problem? I know it is not a top quality interface, but just want a recording that works.)

Regards,

Thierry

P.S. It's been a while since I didn't come here and I have to be surprised that the Hey moskus post is still there!

Make sure you don't have ASIO4ALL drivers installed on your computer. The FCA202 driver doesn't like to work alongside them. Did you try raising the latency to see if the problem goes away? How many tracks and plug-ins are you running?

Hi,

Thanks for the fast response,

I tried the driver from the behringer web site.

For the latency I put it at max

I was running 1 track with NO effect. 1... That is why I have a hard time beleiving the problem is my hard drive.

Thanks,

Thierry

Back