Behringer EuroRack MX 2004A

gh0stm3

Hell again,

My dads friend was helping me set up a small recording place with my computer yesterday and he gave me this mixing desk.

Everything is set up the way i want except for one thing. I have plugged themixing desk into my pc via the 2 track out to the line in and there is no signal coming through to the pc to record. Ive tried all the monitor out jacks and the headphone socket is in use anyway. i dunno whats going on all my soundcard settings are correct.

my soundcard is a creative xtreme music

thanks

Well First off for Good quality recording you will want to get a Real Multi-Track recording sound Card/Interface as the Converters in those Creative cards aren"t realy good enough for high quality recording pluss with just a Stereo Line/Mic input you don"t get many options for multi-Tracksing and you can get a Good 4 input/Output sound card like the EMU 0404 (Also creative But better) for under $100....

The only thing I can think of as to your problem is that you don"t have the Input you are recording to selected in your windows recording settings....

If that isn"t the Problem than maybe the Mixer isn"t putting out a Signal...Try connecting the output on the Mixer to a stereo reciever and see if you get a Signal and that way you can try to narrow down the Problem.....

Good Luck

hey, i was using a phono to 3.5 jack which didnt work, so i added an adapter to change it to amp cable size (not sure what its called) then another adapter to convert it bk to 3.5 and it works so it must just be a wierd cable ...

another problem, it sounds shit

well not shit but quieter and no gain and nothing like it does on the mixer desk..so i dont know where am losing the qulaity surely it cant be this sound card, it cost be just under 100 quid

does using the 2 track out make any difference? or shud i be using a the main or alt monitory L and R?? if it does then i need to buy a dfferent type cable..

ty

It's the soundcard/cables. If you want any quality you need to get a card that is ment for recording not for playback/videogames

-jeffrey

who here has done an actual comparison of "recording" sound cards and "consumer" sound cards? i'd be interested in hearing what you found. same goes for cables.

This should help.

nmodisetup.jpg

This article goes with it:

http://www.tweakheadz.com/how_to_hookup_a_mixer.htm

Back