Behringer BCF2000 B-Control Fader Setup?

MrPalmie

Moin.

I have recently purchased a MIDI / DAW controller from the company Behringer, namely the BCF2000.

Now I'm trying to get it to work in Cubase 12 Pro. I have already tried a lot but do not get further.

I want to use the DAW controller to control dynamics, modulation, expression and volume of VST's and for mixing at the end.

I have my electric piano connected to a Steinberg audio interface via the midi input. The audio interface runs perfectly as it should. The controller only via USB. Can anyone help me with this problem? If you don't know it yourself, it would be very helpful if you could send it to a person who knows about this topic.

Greetings
MrPalmie

I have my electric piano connected to a Steinberg audio interface via the midi input. The audio interface runs perfectly as it should. The controller only via USB. Can anyone help me with this problem? If you don't know it yourself, it would be very helpful if you could send it to a person who knows about this topic.
Follow this information - it is for Logic - but I imagine it would be the same for Cubase.

Logic Pro Help :: View topic - Behringer B-Control BCF2000

1.Start by connecting the unit to a USB port or a MIDI port on your interface.(See Manual for the different reasons for using USB vs. MIDI connections.)This depends on how you want to use it. I am assuming you are like me and want to use the unit to control Logic and some of the different aspects of the program. You must decide what OPERATING MODE to put the BCF in. I suggest User mode 1, 2 or 3.

Depends on how much equipment you have and want to use in your system. User mode 1 or U1 is for someone who has no keyboard controller and just wants to control Logic with the BCF (No midi cable needed). User mode 2 or U2 is for someone who has a midi keyboard and want to use it and maybe another piece of midi hardware such as a sound module. U2 allows you to pass your keyboards midi info to the external hardware as well as sending to Logic. U3 is for someone with 2 pieces of external midi hardware.In this mode you can have logic send midi data to both pieces of external hardware. (You will not be able to send your Keyboard controller midi info to the external units through the BCF, I am fairly sure you can have logic bounce the signal back to the external units. Check the Logic manual)

To put the unit in U1, U2 or U3, press and hold the third button from the left on the top level of the unit as you are powering it up. It will go into Logic Control Mode and then into EG or Edit Global mode. When it says EG you can release the button and turn the far left vpot to choose your operating mode. The fifth (from the left) chooses what Midi device ID you want to assign to the unit. (It must be different than any other external midi device you have or there will be problems.)

After you are done assigning an ID press the exit button on the unit and it will return to LC or Logic Control Mode. You do not have to do any of this again as it will start up from now on in LC mode. Power off the unit.

Now go to Logic, for this next part to work, there has to be an open song or template. Go to preferences/control surfaces/setup. Under the VIEW menu choose> view as icons. Make sure there is no control surface on the right side, it should be empty. If there is a control surface there click on it then choose delete from the edit menu. From there go to the new menu, choose install. If you choose scan it won work, since there is no dedicated support. In the Install window click on the Mackie Designs Logic Contro so it is highlighted. Then click ADD.Thenclick DONE. Now there are some parameters to set up but I dont think most of them are essential to modify since the unit behave just like a Logic Control unit already. The couple of things I would tweek, beginning with....

There are three discolsure arrows on the setup window next to the three phrases. You can click on the name Logic Contro and rename it BCF2000 if you want, not a big deal. Click on the first arrow. It should show you your available midi ports and you can choose which on to use for communication with the BCF. Clicking on the second arrow opens the special parameters box, nother here is relevent unless you have a real Logic Control unit. The third arrow opens up a list of parameters that will take time to figure out. The one thing I would do there is make sure you turn Flip mode off. Other wise the unit will be in permanent flip mode. If you need to use flip mode, you can turn it on from the BCF.
The last thing to set up is the Control Surfaces Preferences. It is under the Logic Pro menu, Preferences>Control Surfaces>Preferences. Here is what I use...

Under the General preferences window.

Reletave resolution of controls..... somewhere in the middle (4175)

Maximum midi bandwith... 100%

The next three checkboxes are... Checked

Multiple controls per parameter.... 8

The next checkbox I leave.... Unchecked

The last two checkboxes are.... Checked

In the Help Tags window...

Everything is checked and I have a display duration of 2 seconds.

This video links to cubase doing similar things. I had one a while back and this video rings bells in the operation and device setup.

This video links to cubase doing similar things. I had one a while back and this video rings bells in the operation and device setup.

I have seen the Video. It wont work with Cubase 12 Pro because they disabled the functionality of all Behringer Devices.

Back