Behringer B2 "Audio Proz" mod?

braincoil

I am going to open up a can of worms here. I couldn't find it being talked about here so I thought I would ask...Any experience with the Behringer B-2 "Audio Proz" modded Mic?

Would this be a good choice for a room mic, or drum overhead mic?

well the Behringer B-2 is just a little over $100. new.
What do they do to modify it and how much does it cost?

Interesting ..... but in his last sentence he mentions the MXL V67g and that microphone would be a better bet.

What Are you looking to record with a microphone? Other than room mic and over head.

Interesting ..... but in his last sentence he mentions the MXL V67g and that microphone would be a better bet.

What Are you looking to record with a microphone? Other than room mic and over head.

I am looking to record (with this mic) drum overheads, Acoustic guitars, vocals, and percussion (shakers, Bongos, Cajon's ect.). I rather have one good mic than spending a fortune testing out crappy ones...

I don't think anyone is going to spend $300. on a Behri mic. When you can get a very decent all purpose microphone from a reputable company.
Not to mention one could pick up a used $1000. microphone for a little bit more than the price we are talking now. ;)

$300 for a Behringer mic? No. Behringer can be alright if you want something cheap that'll do the job, infact I even own a pair of Behri mics. But at that price range, there's so much more you can choose from.

I use a B2 Pro for vocals, if you can call them vocals. I have no delusions that I am recording anything to rival Dark Side Of The Moon. So I have no shame in using a Behringer mic. It works, and it sounds like a microphone. It has a very usable sound, and I've also used an SM57 for vocals, or an older MD421 (not a MkII). Now of course the Sennheiser is the 'better' mic, but they all worked, and in my twisted mind they had a tone I was aiming for, whether I achieved it or not.
This web site is giving away everything he does, and it isn't all that much. Some shielding, ferrite beads (not boards), and a bigger coupling capacitor. And that capacitor is the only thing that you'll hear. Is it worth it? It's worth it if you think so. You'll hear more bottom end. :confused:

I use a B2 Pro for vocals, if you can call them vocals. I have no delusions that I am recording anything to rival Dark Side Of The Moon. So I have no shame in using a Behringer mic. It works, and it sounds like a microphone. It has a very usable sound, and I've also used an SM57 for vocals, or an older MD421 (not a MkII). Now of course the Sennheiser is the 'better' mic, but they all worked, and in my twisted mind they had a tone I was aiming for, whether I achieved it or not.
This web site is giving away everything he does, and it isn't all that much. Some shielding, ferrite beads (not boards), and a bigger coupling capacitor. And that capacitor is the only thing that you'll hear. Is it worth it? It's worth it if you think so. You'll hear more bottom end. :confused:

And anyone can do that simple replacement pro or not ...... Not to mention the low, low price of that cap to begin with :p

$300 for a Behringer mic? No.

Right.

Heck...if you are going to drop $300 total on a mic...there are a lot of good choices out there without first buying a so-so mic and then modding "up".

One suggestion that I make often...ADK mics. Check out their Hamburg and Vienna models...they are in the price range.

Back