behringer b-1 or mxl 990

I cant remember the price of the behri...i think its about $100??? if that is the case..go for the SP B1 instead...you can get it for $100 and you can throw it on just about anything and get good results...

Strave said:
have either of you used the behringer?
nope....I havent, but I have a couple of studio projects mics. I have owned and used behri gear and im just not pleased with it. I currently have a MX2004A that I use when I track Drums because my DMP3 and Mackie 1204 doesnt provide me with quite enough pre's. It will be replaced soon enough though. In either case, I am VERY pleased with my SP B1 and C1, and Im sure that from what I have read on both the SP's and the Behri's, that more people will agree than disagree.

Strave said:
have either of you used the behringer?

i own the behringer b1....i also own the MXL 67g also the same price as the behringer b1. I say get the MXL 67g. its sounds a bit cleaner than the behringer and my vocals and other people's vocals that i record seem to cut through in the mix a bit better.

EdWonbass said:
More people will also bash Behringer more readily than SP having not compared both.

I have never used a u87 either...but i know what I would pick between it and a behri....:p

Behringer sucks... I've gotten rid of or returned every piece of gear I've had... except the behringer B1. Any singer I run through it, likes the way their voice sounds... it is also very similar sounding to the C1. So much so, that if we did a shoot out, I am sure that most everyone couldn't say one is better than the other. While it is a budget condenser, it certainly isn't any worse sounding than the SP B1.

As far as build quality goes, that's a different story...

Back