Behringer 802 / Adobe Aud/ Behringer t 47 Problems

TheTedLeroux

As a radio professional I kind of feel odd asking a question, but here it goes. I want to do some home recording instead of going to the station all the time to record short stuff. I have a Behringer 802 mixer, a Behringer t 47 condenser mic and adobe audition on my Windows 7 laptop. I am connected between the mixer and laptop with the following connections: 1/8 to dual 1/4 going from Line in to Audio Out on my laptop and the other connection is a 1/8 to dual 1/4 going from Main out on the mixer to Audio In on my Laptop. The Levels of the music i play on my computer are there but they are soft and i have to ramp up the knobs a lot to hear it at the level i want. But the main issue is that when im recording in audition... the levels from the mic that i have plugged into the mixer show up on the board but not in adobe... I would appreciate any help. Im stumped . Thankss.

Make sure the line-in isn't muted in Windows, and make sure it's selected as the recording source. If that stuff checks out, plug those outputs you're using from the mixer into something you know works and make sure there's actually signal there or plug another source that you know works into your line-in. Eliminate one or the other as the problem.

Also - welcome to HR! What kind of radio professional are you? :)

Ill try that tommorow when i get back . The source was listed as Stereo Mix in Control Panel by the way... and I am a HS Sportscaster and I also host a 5 hour music show on our 80s rock station. I also do promtional events , im a producer... Im the weekend sportscast and newscast anchor. I do it all i guess. haha.

Sounds like the source is your problem. I had an old sound card that had "Stereo mix" as a recording option, and it made it where what you're hearing is what you're recording. Useful for recording audio from YouTube videos and stuff.

Sounds like a cool job, I hope you stick around here! :)

I decided that its not recognizing the mixer or the integrated sound card is crap. So im getting a UCA 222 to plug in via USB. Hopefully that works. I can get some RCA cables from work.

Back