Behringer 2500 sequencer-to-MIDI

bhweb

Hello. I have had some success setting up components to render Eurorack-based sequencer modules' CV and clock/Gate signals into MIDI data streams. So far, I have used the Doepfer A-192-2 CV-to-MIDI converter to sucessfully capture sequences from Behringer 182, Erica Synths Black Sequencer, and Behringer's System-55-based 960 unit. Getting sequence streams from the A, B, and C channels of the Behringer 2500 series' 1027 module has not worked well enough to use. They have a CLK-OUT in common with each other. Use of a delay module has not conditioned the signals enough to produce an accurate data stream. There are "some results" out of the CV-to-MIDI unit, just not very representative of the source. Close examination of the datasheets for the modules, along the careful observation of the signals via an oscilloscope, has not revealed the reason for the lack of integrity. In other words, by reasonable estimates, the signal "should work", however they do not. I would like to know if anyone in the group has had success with this, and perhaps learn what resources were used to achieve that success. Perhaps a different CV-to-MIDI module is the answer? I have modified the input signals via attenuators and timers to mimic, as closely as possible, the known successes with timing and voltage ratings that I have had with the other sources. Since these modules are expensive, I would rather not just "buy a slew of them in the hope that one of them will work". Comment is invited.

No one responded to this (except for this reply by me, the author). Here is a solution. As I had at least somewhat considered, the previous converter apparently did not have what it took to handle the signal processing. Purchase of a different unit provided the solution. The Pro CV-to-MIDI converter from Kenton handles input signal levels at a much wider range than the Doepfer. Trade-off: the Kenton unit only transmits MIDI on one channel at a time ...

Back