Been up to this the past year or so..(metal)

Jouni

The first album of my band.

Recorded (most part), mixed (most part) and mastered by myself. Recorded at our rehealsalplace. Total recording/mixing/mastering costs: under 600euros.:o

youtube, from a MetalHammer collection:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjxlHSZ54HU

The album as whole streamed by Terrorizer. (Click on:
"Click Here to Open the Gates to Hell"):
http://truecultheavymetal.com/blog1...s-fester-and-putrefy-streamed-with-terrorizer

Released today by Listenable Records.

...I can at least say that hanging out here wasn't a complete waste of time. :D
Thank you all for that.:drunk:

The fact that I love it is a form of favortism based on the fact that this is the kind of shit I play and listen to for fun.

There is a huge problem with it though. I can barley hear the vocals and that would make it incomplete in my opinion. Even turned up all the way it's just a waste of an album not being able to hear the vocals loud and clear.

If you're nervous about your vocals listen to some of my stuff. I put it out there regardless of what people think :D

I think the gtrs are a tad loud and the drums split in better stereo would be nice. The gtrs have a midrange fizz to them also and they're the only thing making this stereo. Vocals waaaay too low.

oh..there's no purgatory... :cool:

Drums are incredibly low. Guitars are full of mids, and they sound super sloshy. I'd get rid of whatever FX you've got on em'. Make em' more percussive.

Vocals are barely breathing they're so buried... Bring them up by at least 5 db.

Seems like everyone's performance in general is quite good. It's a shame we can't hear anything but guitars.

Keep at it!

Yup. Drums are too quiet, or at least the snare is. I like the sound of the ride; it's grungy and ugly in a good, metal way.

Vocals could be louder.

Overall, it's quite brutal and pretty well made.

Thanks for the input you all!!

I'll take note on the louder drums and vox on the next album.:o

Jouni

Yeah the drums really need more presence to them, they're like a cricket farting in a hurricane.

The vocals are waaaaay waaaaay to low, like a cat meowing next to a jackhammer on a busy freeway.

I think I'd like the guitar tone if it wasn't the only thing that I could hear.

Back