Been a long time - Please Listen

lee miran

Hi all,

It's been a long time since I posted a new track for review. Let me know what you think. I haven't settled on a name for it, yet.

The track is grungy, a little lo fi, and minimalistic. Please check it and post your thoughts.

PEACE

HI FI Stream

LO FI Stream

Download

im feeling that song man

except it is not grungy or minimalistic at all in my opinion

(many people miss-use the word minimalism, because they dont know what its all about, it was coined for use in contemporary art (sculpture and painting) basically starting in the mid-late 60's with people such as sol lewitt, donald judd, richard serra, etc...
it wasnt until later, other genres starting using this term.

and when i listen to this track it actually sounds "happy" to me and not grungy in anyway

that electric guitar riff sample is nice,

i could see this being used in some movie where the camera is following someone around the city, all in fast foward motion or some shit

peace
LB

and where you at in central PA? i lived in state college for 7 years
went to school there.

not bad...

at all. I see you temporarily titled it Neptoons. I would say that you certainly have your own style. I like the simplicity of the track. It has some good rhythmic elements (i.e. the percussion and techno sounds) but they remain simple. And this, for the purpose of hip hop or rap may be an excellent thing. It gives direction for vocal arrangement but leaves enough room for creativity beyond just following the musical melody.

Aiiight!

-Humble-

Re: ...

LiquidBronze said:
im feeling that song man

except it is not grungy or minimalistic at all in my opinion

(many people miss-use the word minimalism, because they dont know what its all about, it was coined for use in contemporary art (sculpture and painting) basically starting in the mid-late 60's with people such as sol lewitt, donald judd, richard serra, etc...
it wasnt until later, other genres starting using this term.

and when i listen to this track it actually sounds "happy" to me and not grungy in anyway

that electric guitar riff sample is nice,

i could see this being used in some movie where the camera is following someone around the city, all in fast foward motion or some shit

peace
LB

and where you at in central PA? i lived in state college for 7 years
went to school there.

Yeah, maybe that is not such a good description... I meant minimalistic in the sense that there's in not a lot going on at any given time....It's minimal.

It's grungy to me in the sense that fuzzy lo fi samples were used (not grungy related to "grundge music"). All in all thanks for the review. It was helpful.

If you like you can check some of my other beats at www.domebrothers.com .

Oh, and I live in Harrisburg.

Re: not bad...

bmorris said:
at all. I see you temporarily titled it Neptoons. I would say that you certainly have your own style. I like the simplicity of the track. It has some good rhythmic elements (i.e. the percussion and techno sounds) but they remain simple. And this, for the purpose of hip hop or rap may be an excellent thing. It gives direction for vocal arrangement but leaves enough room for creativity beyond just following the musical melody.

Aiiight!

-Humble-

Thanks. The Neptoons title was what it was called in a very early incarnation. I've been thinking of calling it "contaminated".

You can hear some of my other tracks at www.domebrothers.com .

Back