Been a long time...a couple new mixes (indie rock type music)

My guitar parts! Gone.

😅 Guitars are still there, just letting Emily shine!

How did you even do that without the tracks??

Stemmed it out in RX, went from there.

I like that more muted tone on the bass. What did you EQ out of it? Sounds more like motown bass now, which is an awesome sound.

Cut a little from 800 up, Boosted from 200 down. Pultec EQP-1A on the stereo bus did the rest.

It's been interesting reading the comments regarding the chords and melody, I wouldn't change a thing there.

Mix wise (Snow Day), I like the simplicity of what you've done but I think if you'd have sent this to me I'd have gone more this way with it (without the artifacts introduced in stemming it out!):

View attachment 134894

Keeping it simple, a bit less lofi and focusing on Emily's vocal.

Lovely song.
That's really nice, too, Human. ❤️❤️❤️

I love the vibe of Nola's original mix, but this one does feature the vocals more, which is also a good thing.

I think I just love this song so much that it would take a really horrendous mix for me to not like it.

That's really nice, too, Human. ❤️❤️❤️

I love the vibe of Nola's original mix, but this one does feature the vocals more, which is also a good thing.

I think I just love this song so much that it would take a really horrendous mix for me to not like it.

Haha. I just checked out your drumming, if that's your in your profile link? That Police song is sick. I think Roxanne might have my favorite drum beat of all time...it's way up there. Copeland is a top 10 all time in my book.

Haha. I just checked out your drumming, if that's your in your profile link? That Police song is sick. I think Roxanne might have my favorite drum beat of all time...it's way up there. Copeland is a top 10 all time in my book.
Yeah, that's my fugly mug. :D I love Copeland. Probably the most innovative Pop/Rock drummer in the history of music. I'm not even the biggest Police fan. I like them and they have some great tunes, but I think Copeland's drumming is better than the Police's songs. :)

Yeah, that's my fugly mug. :D I love Copeland. Probably the most innovative Pop/Rock drummer in the history of music. I'm not even the biggest Police fan. I like them and they have some great tunes, but I think Copeland's drumming is better than the Police's songs. :)
I completely agree. Their songs feel kinda weird to me...like...they give an uneasy feeling. Definitely not a vape a giant bowl and snuggle in a warm blanket feeling. But his drumming is incredible.

Last edited:
Back