Bedlam- Final Mix (thanks for the help!)

Wow, big thumbs up. I missed this first time you posted it (my listening time has been very limited lately) so glad its up again. What can I say?, world class playing, nice tune/arranging/mix. I really like that recurring riff-what kind of scale is that? I'd like to learn that on guitar. Very well done.

Ralph, It`s about time to pull the cork and fill the glasses. :) I`d spit an shake with ya on this one man. Outstanding!
Ken

Stratomaster :

It's an open perfect 4th triad broken up, then down chromatically. (F-Bb- Eb, E-B-F#,etc.......( I stole it from Kieth Emerson, Taurkus) & eluded to it during the solo. Oh, I forgot...I followed it with a G7b9 :D ( nyuk, nyuk, nyuk) descending inversions in 16th notes.

Thanks for the listen & kind words!

Toki987 :

Ken,

I would love to pull the cork and fill the glasses with you, man! I see a "coolab" w/you within a year, but I have to pick the tune . My wife and I have a bet goin'.....Toki will be published w/in 2 years if he buckles down. (we're betting on the bucklin' down part!) [you're pic @ the cave is just the way I pictured you! You the Man! If you are ever in TAXachesetts, you'll have a place to crash!

Ped:

A hair of the dog that bit ya, or a hit of Zanax will get you thru the day! Thanks bud!

peace,
Ralph

Last edited:
Well this is a first listen for me....I gotta say....TIGHT.

Nice, a bit repetitive.

Excellent recording.

Wow Very nice!!!

A keeper for sure. How long did this take you to record?
sounds PRO!!

Peace
Bill

Im impressed. Great bass sound.
I used to know a band called bedlam.. but the style was drastically different.. Thats what drew me to this post..
You should be making some cash off this my friend.

And I feel your pain about the whole tax thing... we need to pay for the digging somehow.

Very cool.....nice organ sound.....very nice playing.....do I hear some Keith Emerson spread out among those jazz licks?
Good sonics, especially the organ but the drums and bass do sound good.....wow!.................really nice playing, let me take a second and listen to "Confirmation".......

Well, your definitely a player and a half......I look forward to hearing more from you, plus collaborations with me are *mandatory* in this forum! :D

Nice playing man....thanks for sharing.

Smokin keys,sounds great.
Some really fine playing.
Definitly hear some Keith goin on there.:D

Very enjoyable listen,
Pete

b9,
I had a listen I think yesterday...the speakers are still smokin! I posted on your sax thread. I go through the clinic so quickly....when I get the rare chance to even listen, that I didn't notice this thread.
BTW, I took your advice and finally posted my latest to NWR. Not gonna give the URL here in the clinic....you guys are way outta my league. Have to get back to the fostex forum...I'm feeling so.....inadequate.

bd

jake-owa said:
Well this is a first listen for me....I gotta say....TIGHT.

Nice, a bit repetitive.

Excellent recording.

Jake!

Ya, I tend to drive it home to the point of redundancy.

Thanks for the listen!

demensia said:
Im impressed. Great bass sound.
I used to know a band called bedlam.. but the style was drastically different.. Thats what drew me to this post..
You should be making some cash off this my friend.

And I feel your pain about the whole tax thing... we need to pay for the digging somehow.

Thanks man,

Ya, I worked my ass off on the bass.

I was in the midst of doin my "April 15th thing" with that Taxachusetts comment. Thank God I have an accountant who specializes in music industry! I LOVE DEDUCTIONS!

Thanks for the ears!

muzeman said:
Smokin keys,sounds great.
Some really fine playing.
Definitly hear some Keith goin on there.:D

Very enjoyable listen,
Pete

Ya Pete,

Keith, Rick Wakeman, Oscar P, Chic, Herbie , Lorber, ( and a little of me) :D

Thanks dude!

bdbdbuck said:
b9,
I had a listen I think yesterday...the speakers are still smokin! I posted on your sax thread. I go through the clinic so quickly....when I get the rare chance to even listen, that I didn't notice this thread.
BTW, I took your advice and finally posted my latest to NWR. Not gonna give the URL here in the clinic....you guys are way outta my league. Have to get back to the fostex forum...I'm feeling so.....inadequate.

bd

INADEQUATE??????? Man, how humble are you?

It's all about the emotion & ability to communicate it..........and you, my friend, are all over that!

Back