Beats!!!

PRiZ

What determines how good of quality my beats will be, ofcouse, quality production skills...but if Ad converters are so hype for recording, what will give me that great sound of the unrecorded. Hence keyboard, synth drums, sounds of any sort that have been sampled from vinyl/cd etc... What makes these sound good?

I'd really like an answer, I can't decide on what I should get yet.
I'm having a tuff time nowadays, I really need to get this started.

Thanks!

Huh?

Dude there are some questions that just don't have black and white answers. You seem to want answers to questions that are best answered by personal experience. What's "good" is a bigtime gray area and highly subjective so even if somebody could answer this, it may not be "good" to you.

I'd really like an answer, I can't decide on what I should get yet.

I don't even know what you're asking here and from what I can make of it I don't think there is an answer anyway. If I were you I would get a pretty basic recording setup...ok forget it, I'm not going to explain that to you again. For "beats" try getting an SB Live and downloading as many soundfonts/samples and you can find. Get some sequencing software and have at it.

You have to fill in the blanks here.

There's no "answer" that's going to make up for your inexperience.

There are answers!

"I'd really like an answer, I can't decide on what I should get yet."

notice their is no question mark at the end of this, meaning, it was retorical...

"You seem to want answers to questions that are best answered by personal experience."

yes, I do... but this answer should be as clear as saying good A/d converters are what makes a better recording.

I'm not asking for you to solve my card choice.
Here is my question again, I hope someone will answer this.
Cyan...you produce hiphop don't you, you must understand where I'm coming from...
I'd really like to know this, because I feel it wil help me decide.

"What determines how good of quality my beats will be, ofcouse, quality production skills...but if Ad converters are so hype for recording, what will give me that great sound of the unrecorded. Hence from keyboard, synth drums, sounds of any sort that have been sampled from vinyl/cd etc... What makes these sound good?" ...are all soundcards really good for this?

I am looking to get a basic recording setup, and mayby a Lucid AD converter in the future, still basic...
Dolemite, if your just gonna gonna try and make me feel like I'm at fault for asking questions, save yourself the trouble...

Thanks.

I don't think Dolemite is being hard on you dude. Your questions are pretty ambiguous.

I am tempted to believe that the quality of the beat depends on the drummer first the production 2nd and the sample production 3rd. I don't see alot of difference between capturing a sample with a digital sound card as opposed to an analog machine.

Maybe if you record it digitally you can mess with it more. It certainly needs to be digitized at some point to be a sample.

Maybe you could get further with an approach like this:
I want to do X with a soundcard. I am looking at N soundcard and Y soundcard I have J dollars to spend to do X. What do ya think ?

Yeah,

I've been through the x stage to death.

You didn't really get the question right,...but I think the answer is the computer generates the sounds and not the soundcard...Is this my answer?

I gotta run....

Priz, just buy something and get over it. With all the huge amount of posts from you and all the generous free expert advice I've seen given to you, I still see you come real close to being snotty to a reply you don't like (even demanding that you'd really like an answer) . The amount of time that people have freely given to your, well, somewhat lazy questions, you need to post one more time. A big thanks to all the helpful people here and then you should start playing and recording.

word, I agree fully. I have posted my gratitude numerous times.
Thanks again to all of you who have helped me here during my quest... It's greatly appreciated! :)

I don't think my questions are lazy, nor is this one. I just need some reassurance.
I think this is will be the one or close to last question...
I don't think any of my responses are the least bit unrespectfull,
I know already that people are avoiding my questions because their sick of me, they have all right too.
This question isn't about what I should buy, or anything I've asked in the past.

I'm trying to decide on a card, a few days ago everyone was telling me don't rush or jump on anything with out thinking it through. Now I'm getting just close your eyes and jump of the bridge. beleive me there's nothing I want more now than to get in the water. It's frustrating trying to get the kinks out of the decisions and getting no help, especially when peeps write three times what they could of just answering the question, just to say something of irrelevence to further the obvious that doesn't need to be said...and it has been said before.
I don't try to ask the same questions, but I often get the same answers so it looks that way more or less.

Just because i don't leap to the advice given doesn't mean I'm just letting it go by without absorption.

Don't take these as snide remarks, they arn't. This is done in all due respect. Typing isn't exactly my best form of communication, if I said what ever I said now in speech it would be understood clear and you wouldn't get any antagonism out of it if.

Thanks for reading....

Though I agree that PriZ questions have become a bit redundant I must also point out that they have generated lots of good advice and that has been really helpful to me. His posts almost always generate a large number of views which would suggest that a lot of other people are interested in his posts. I also would like to thank all of those who spent their time and brain cells giving advice.

Sorry Gidge...

sorry dolemate, and who ever has gotten sick of me.
Thanks Samana...I'm glad I'm not the only one that got help.
I'm just gonna let you know, I wont be asking for any more help from this site for a while, if I need more I'll go to another BBS, even though I know this is the best one...bye

screw the being sorry shit....this is just a BBS....like kurt cobain said : RAPE ME ...........and he was talking about the BBS...and the pusses that have nothing better to do.....;)

j said:
screw the being sorry shit....this is just a BBS....like kurt cobain said : RAPE ME ...........and he was talking about the BBS...and the pusses that have nothing better to do.....;)

WTF?

And another big WTF to this thread!

Gidge said:
But Im getting about damn tired of him.....

I hear that....

BTW, I agree with SBax...go buy something, priz. Seriously....then you can ask dumb-ass questions about how to use it!

Back