Be brutal

Well resmaple them MP3's. Use a better convertor. iTunes works great.

Anyway.
Bolo's Lolly

Very non impactful mix. Interesting music but you didnt "bring it"
Mic was distorted (ld vox)

Transmitter.

A tad brittle, kind of the same comment as bolo. Non Impactful mix.

Ok I'm Done. :)

Thanks! I'm not sure the guy in the studio fully knew what he was doing. I appreciate comments. :D

Yeah I know. Mind you he was only £15 an hour which is cheaper than usual. Best not rip him too much. He might frequent this board. ;)

I disagree. I come from the school of no matter what you get paid ROCK THE HOUSE...

If you are sensitive and touchy, Go get a Job. Sorry ver passionate about what i do.

That's why I'm learning to do it myself. Might not get as good an output as that at first but after a good few takes and a long time learning to mix I should be able to knock something out that's worth a listen to. Not by any means proffesional but passing the amature stage. :D

Yeah, you've got the right attitude in my opinion. First off, I think these are kinda' subpar recordings of some great performances. I can't tell if the tracking was decent or not, but the mixes are REALLY thin...the drums are like an afterthought, as is the bass.

Man, bolo's lolly kicks ass (the song) - kinda' like radiohead met up with coldplay and had a baby that just wasn't mixed very well, lol. Is that your tune? Something about it seems really familiar...I'm probably making a total ass out of myself here, hahaha. Anyway, a little practice, starting with getting the drums and bass to gel and pound, and you'll be outmixing this in zero time.

I had to listen to Funf Rouge...Again, the recording kinda' totally sucks ass, but man, I would LOVE to see your band. I'd love to hear decent recordings of this stuff, lol.

Hey Dopps, what was the name of the studio? I gotta tell all ma radge mates in Edinburgh to stay the hell away from that place. Your drums sound like they were recorded in a shed mate. I've heard £8p/h live demos that sounded better than that. Get your band over to wegie land and check out a studio called The Core, Used to be called The Brill Building and owned by wet wet wet's management. They have good rates and great sounding rooms.....and engineers that KNOW what they're doing.

Great tunes well played...murdered IMHO

Alec

I dig the tunes, definitely. But the recording are sub-par at best. Like Giles said, the MP3 encoding is pretty nasty. You need to find a better encoder.

LemonTree said:
Hey Dopps, what was the name of the studio? I gotta tell all ma radge mates in Edinburgh to stay the hell away from that place. Your drums sound like they were recorded in a shed mate. I've heard £8p/h live demos that sounded better than that. Get your band over to wegie land and check out a studio called The Core, Used to be called The Brill Building and owned by wet wet wet's management. They have good rates and great sounding rooms.....and engineers that KNOW what they're doing.

Great tunes well played...murdered IMHO

Alec
It's the groove tunnel. Used to be the refuge. See the reason that they might be sounding so rough as well is that to convert them to MP3 I had to play the song on Media Player and record on Audacity then export the song as MP3. :o I don't have that much software at the mo. My Girlfriends finally aggreed to get the internet though. (I'm at my work when I post here!)

Sorry. Forgot to reply to that earlier. It's not my tune but it was made up by the other guitarist in my band. It is an original but he may have "borrowed subconciously" from somewhere. Has anyone ever done this?

I went through a phase of ripping off a song note for note in a riff and not realising it. Thin Lizzy and Foo Fighters were favourites of mine for this shammery! :rolleyes:

Back