BCF2000 and ProTools LE

Motorbreath

Hey there,

I just bought the Behringer BCF2000 control surface. I read online that it works with ProTools LE if you run it in Baby HUI mode (detailed in the readme of the latest firmware).

Heck if I can get it to work though. I can see the device in the midi setup in PT, but not under Setup, Peripherals, Midi Controllers.

When in Baby HUI mode, the BCF2000 just has "bhui1" on the LED. No moving of the sliders or knobs cause the display to change. In Basic Mode, at least the values on the LED change when you move stuff.

Come to think of it, I can't seem to get sounds from Reason through ReWire to play either. The midi events are there on a track, but no sound.

I'm using ProTools LE 6.4. Any ideas or pointers in the right direction?

Sorry, the first post was "post haste". :) I should have painted a better picture of my setup: I'm using an MBox with the ProTools LE, and the BCF2000 is connected to it's own USB port (not a USB hub, like the Oxygen 8 is). I called Behringer tech support and they were very friendly, but had no answers.

I thought about that, but then remembered that the MBox has no midi ports. The BCF2000 connects via USB. FWIW, I have it plugged into it's own USB port, not the hub.

It's really odd. I have configured this device to work with Vegas just fine. The latest Behringer firmware update for it has specific instructions in the readme to put it in "Baby HUI" mode, which is supposed to make it work with ProTools and other apps that accept the Mackie control surface.

I'm getting sounds from Reason now. I was trying to insert a MIDI track...figured out that you have have to insert an audio track, THEN insert the Reason plugin. At least something is working now. :)

Maybe this just won't work with an MBox. I have a buddy with a Digi002R that I might be able to connect with. But if it's connecting via USB, I really don't see why it would make a difference. Weird.

Got it working!

Ha! I sure hope someone else can benefit from this agony. :) You have to download the drivers from Digidesign's website. Here is the link:

http://www.digidesign.com/download/controllers/

You want the zip file with the "Mackie Designs HUI" in it. Download this file, extract it, and copy the extracted files to

C:Program FilesCommon FilesDigidesignDAEControllers

Make sure you are not in ProTools when you copy the files over. If you are, exit the program and restart it. Then click Setups, Peripherals, Midi Controllers, and choose type HUI, choose the BCF2000[1] for both the "Receive from" and "Send To", and make sure # of channels is set to 8.

Behringer should really put that little detail in their README file.

It's time to go mix some music now!

Hey Motorbreath, curious what you could all do with the Encoders besides just being a panner. And are there anymore details/instructions on line how to encode each control? And if I have a digi002 is it possible to use this as an expansion fader ie channel 9-16? Do they work as banks too??? Sorry for the blatant questions... But for the price it beats anything else if it works!

I just bought a tascam us2400 to use with my digi001 set-up. I am using PT LE 6.1.2 with mac OS 10.2.8. I cannot get PT to recognize the HUI mode in peripherals. The drivers are installed in the correct folder (applications/PT/control surfaces). I cannot get HUI to pop up under peripherals. Please help ME!!!!

Can you see the US-2400 as a MIDI input? Make a new MIDI track and see if it pops up when you select an input. The US-2400 doubles as a USB MIDI input, as far as Protools is concerned. Have you installed the drivers for the US-2400 according to the manual? I believe there's protools specific documentation on the tascam site (which unfortunately isn't working right now).

Hello;
i have gone to the link you have sent and i can not find what file you are talking about?? can you please help me, i have picked up the BCF2000 and im running protools 8 on windows xp and i cant not get it set up!

Thank you

Ha! I sure hope someone else can benefit from this agony. :) You have to download the drivers from Digidesign's website. Here is the link:

http://www.digidesign.com/download/controllers/

You want the zip file with the "Mackie Designs HUI" in it. Download this file, extract it, and copy the extracted files to

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Controllers

Make sure you are not in ProTools when you copy the files over. If you are, exit the program and restart it. Then click Setups, Peripherals, Midi Controllers, and choose type HUI, choose the BCF2000[1] for both the "Receive from" and "Send To", and make sure # of channels is set to 8.

Behringer should really put that little detail in their README file.

It's time to go mix some music now!

Back