+*+bbs+*+ds+*+

for the first 45 seconds of Dark Side you have my utmost attention, but your hook just wasn't strong enough and the fish got away. I like the different segments of the tune but there's something disjointed about it. i'm by no means a metal or hard rock guy, but i liked enough of metallica to buy their tapes (pre CD).

the mix sounds good.

You might wanna think about going with a different file type than Real Player files.MP3 is the way most people go here.......you get a decent file size without sacrificing the quality....Real Player files are of poor quality not to mention a resource hog.

I got this error message..

'Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /dl/DvilizhStylez/audio/ on this server

I'll check back later..

listening to Dark Side.. cool tune.. the mix sounds pretty mono at first except for a few guitar things that peek out.. Are you using turntables to make those noises? or is it a guitar effect? I like that.. The vocals are very low.. You should raise them a little... the bass drum has a good sound, but it sounds like the guitars could be panned a bit.. it reminds me of a Rob Zombie type thing..

'Rage and Aggression' - very similar sounding tune.. you even used that vocal sound again.. I'm not crazy about that sound.. I used to use it a lot.. cool solos.. the guitar sounds like one of those older processors.. kinda artificial sounding.. this mix sounds very bassy.. I think the bass is too loud.. My main beef is with the rhythm guitar sound and the mononess of both tunes.. cool stuff though.. I guess the vocal sound comes with the territory.. :)

Listening on cans, so I'll just ramble while I'm listening. Keep in mind, I don't play, record, or mix music of this genre, but I do listen to it a bit.

Listening to Dark Side - very cool stuff. The effect samples you have goin' on there are cool as hell. I'd like to hear the vox a little more - they sound good, but they're too low. The hook could be a little fatter sounding - I like what you have, but it could use something more IMO.

Listening to Rage & Aggression - that guitar work is crazy cool - almost retro 80's, but not in a stupid way - it's cool. I can hear the vox better this time. I like the panning you're doing with the vox as an effect in certain spots - helps bring it up & in your face a bit.

Listening to Losing My Mind ...love the Matrix clip - be careful though - you can run into legal problems is you don't have permission. Don't like the bridge? on this one - too stacatto - leaves me hangin' too much - needs something else to fill it in (IMO).

Listening to Kick It - wow - very different sound altogether - a bit thinner - I'm sure you were using different equipment on this one. The groove is decent. The retro dog-bark thing at 2:30 is cool. Sound quality lacks a bit on this one.

Overall: Very cool stuff. Mostly, the guitars could be a bit "bigger" - if you have tracks to spare, you could try doubling them and panning. Listen to how much bigger Dark Side sounds at 1:11 (if my mp3 clock is right) - you're playing similar tracks on both sides and it fills out nicely. You've got thick effects on most of the vocals, which is cool the way you've done it, but I think you've got a few frequencies stepping on each other. You might want to analyze the frequency space the vocals are taking up and carve out those frequencies from some of the other tracks - probably both guitar and bass.

...just some ideas - great stuff.

Dark Side

Cool rhythm... very nice smashed up sounding distortion on the guits... cheap yes, but effective... Drums dominate... bass may have some low-middy boom in it... hard to tell on these cheap spkrs--they resonate right about 150Hz :eek:

Vox are buried... a doubling of them might help; a second vox track with everything rolled off under 1k, for example, and panned to one side of the original may help with the clarity...

Either that, or just boost the vox fader about 3db :)

Seanmorse79 said:
you've got a few frequencies stepping on each other. You might want to analyze the frequency space the vocals are taking up and carve out those frequencies from some of the other tracks - probably both guitar and bass

Try setting the center of the EQ band at 900Hz, and going with a Q of about 3.5... cut about 3.5 db from the guits... see if that doesn't pop the vox thru... (on Dark Side, anyway...)

Chad

B SABBATH. I wish I had turntablez! I'd have some real fun with that, but I dont. :( I really dont have very much equipment at all.

Killer reviews people! I like em! Very technical you people are, I might actually learn something here?

I wasnt sure what you meant by panning the tracks? You mean like Double up the guitar track and pan 1 to the right and the other to the left? I'll try that anyway cause it sounds like fun.

The vocals have a little bit of gain but not much, my voice is just crapy like that lol, I like to do my vocal tracks right after I wake up and have my first cup of coffee lol....

I still got alot to learn and reviews like this is GOOD. Oh and sorry bout the Mp3's not loading up from the page, I was trying to make it convieniant and it ended up not working at all lol...

http://artists.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/DevilizhStylez/

Thanks again!

Track Rat said:
Pretty cool. Couldn't get the MP3's (forbidden messege). Only complaint on both tunes the vocal was too far down in the mix. I sometimes like sitting down but this is a bit too far. Very cool though.
http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1331&alid=-1

Hey I liked the tunes!

"And I love her" Beatles tune, was well done I enjoyed that.

"Back at you" and "Gone tomorrow" both sounded really good, I liked Gone tomorrow better then Back at you but maybe cause it was heavier? Yea because it was heavier! Thanks for the post and thanks for the tunes I enjoyed them.

Back