BBE Sonic Maximizer

BillyKid

Hi, is anyone here at all familiar with this item from BBE called a Sonic Maximizer? If so, would this have any utility in a home studio? Is it only a playback, total mix effect kind of thing like a DJ might use? Or is it the kind of thing you could use to improve your recordings? thanks, BK

BBE Sonic Crapsimizer.......Your better off getting a solid mic pre. The sonic max. is supposed to 'add clarity to your mixes and instruments'....I think its basically an EQ with 1 or 2 fixed frequency adjustments. Gimmick.....

You can use it for anything if you want. It's main purpose is for adding fullness and clarity to your mixdowns. Or for stereo systems..to add punch..i guess...

BBE is more than an eq...but not by much. I have the plugin version and use it for a few things. I never use it on an entire mix, but find it useful to add a lil punch to certain instruments once in awhile.

When I feel like a guitar part needs to be a bit......hmm..whats the word...oh yea, Bigger, I usually pull out the sonic maximizer but thats pretty much it.

I didn't pay for the plugin, I got it for free in one of those package thingy's. But if I saw it for sale, I don't think I would buy it since I don't use it that much and its not that great.

Just to note I'm talking about the plugin version, not the hardware.

ive tried to use it on things and ive felt it made it worse. use it very sparcinglly. I use it on certain intruments as opposed to an entire mix (it wont work for me) it sounds great on kick drums. im gonna try using it on my drum machine(gust a lil) now that Billykid brought this up, ive noticed that my bbe sits in the rack, and that i should try using it again. it going to waste.

Back