BBE sonic maximizer

Rolland

I like going direct for recording as well as playing live. Will the BBE sonic maximizer solve my problems of muddy sound? Can I then plug a distortion stompbox directly into the BBE and then into the recorder and get a good sound?

The Maximiser is used to put back what is lost in the signal. Yes you can use it to add sparkle to the input, but why do you have the muddiness first of all. That's what I would check first.

Oh..I am using a RCA<->1/4" stereo cable into one Y adaptor to plug into the soundcard's line in.
Sometimes I also plug only the Red side of 2 RCA cables into the Y adaptor if recording from a multi-fx which has 2 output jacks for stereo. (all unshielded cables)
Now you reminded me, I think that's the problem. Is there a better way to connect a stereo output, whether it's one or 2 jacks, into the computer's single stereo line in jack?

It could be the cables. What kind of sound card do you have? Is it of good quality?
When your signal goes to the computer it is turned into digital. If the analog to digital sucks then so will your audio.If you don't have a great card the other option is a Gina system or something like that. You need a good route into your computer.

I'm using a SBlive Value. What do you think of it? I know it's no match to one of those Ginas, might buy one in the future when it's in my budget. Bad thing about these "game" soundcards is there's only one 1/8" line, makes it more difficult to record stereo. Any suggestions on how to get the best stereo sound on one line input?

Do you have a USB connector?
You can get a box from companies like Opcode that will convert analog to digital through the USB port. Then your sorry to say, not so hot a/d of the sb live can go away to the amatuers. You have to send a few bucks to get descent sound...not break the bank, but a few bucks. Or look for a good card that has decent inputs.

Back