Battling expiration dates of demo programs

parkbirds

Okay, so this might be the wrong place to ask, but here it goes. Lets say I downloaded a plug in that is a full demo version; saying that I can’t register it, is there a way to trick the computer into thinking that there is no demo expiration date of any software that is on the computer? Are there any shareware programs that do this sort of thing?

Keep in mind I’m not talking about cracked registrar codes.

Thanks.

you could try setting back the date on your computer's clock to a date when the shareware was still in a valid time zone (not before, not after), however, developers have started realizing people do this, and for a lot of shareware these days it won't work.

i'd say "buy it" just to please everyone else here, but then i'd be hypocritical.

ParkTurds

Come on ParkBirds...

You just described the TEXT book definition of a crack. A crack is something that takes a full version of anything that would normally expire and "tricks" the computer into making this expiration never happen.

Another crack is for a program that has a ahrdware donggle or USB key and the crack is a piece of code that tricks the computer into thinking that the key/donggle is there when in reality it is not.

I would like to know how you think trying to make a free copy of software yours forever without paying for it is NOT illegal?

Keep that shit off this site please.

Sorry, I used the prefix "Lets say I" to imply both that I have not downloaded pirated software, nor thought of doing so. I just want to know the information of what may be possible.

Don't get me wrong, I have every intention of financially supporting software developers. Anyway, forget I ever said anything. Best Wishes!

Well, on the occasions that I didnt get to really try it before the expiration or couldnt afford it just yet, I uninstall it, then remove the tag from the registry and reinstall. Pain-in-the-ass enough to make you buy it anyway, but on the occasion that I needed it, it worked.

Back