Bassman's first tune with Delta 66 Whooo Hooo!!

Bassman

Hey you recording maniacs!!!!!

So here it is... my first tune with my spanking new Delta 66 with Omni I/O!!!

It is a mix of a original tune I am working on with a friend of mine. She wrote it, I played the instruments, she sang it. I also did a little arrainging. Everything you hear is as it was tracked, I have yet to tweak anything with EQ or compressors, with the exception of the bass, it was run through a compressor. The vocals are ala NT1 Pre'd with an Delta Omni I/O, with a Nano compressor on the insert to keep her in check. . Guitars are played through a DOD Classic tube stomp box, into a small practice Bass amp, Mic'ed with a 57. Bass is direct, no frills and drums are soundfonts. I recorded 24/44.1, mixed it to 24/44 and then reimported it back into CW to convert it to 16/44. Let me know what you guys think of it so far, it is still in development stages. I have a guitar player friend who is going to do some lead stuff for me, and I am going to have a drummer friend re-track the drums for some additional tastyness...

It is on idrive.com

visit si_bassman

Its the only tune on there..

Thanks!!!

Wish my finished songs sounded as good as your untweaked mix. Style's not my thing but well done. I like the "wastin away" parts. Nice tight harmony vocals. Cool.

Hey thanks for the compliment.... I guess I read too many times that it is more important to get the sound right the first time... "Fix it in the mix" is something I am trying to avoid. I am not real crazy about the style either... But its not my song.. I originally did a version with acoustic and electric gutiar , but she wanted it more "rock and Roll".... It s fun either way, and gives my something to do with all my equipment..

Here's coming back at you

Not bad, not bad at all.

I really liked the vocal harmonies and the singing.

I can't really put my finger on it, but the guitars needed something. Unfortunatly my ears/experience don't give me the words to tell you what is needed, but something here. I did like arrangement of the parts, but the seemed a little dar.

I liked the bass line, and how it fit in with the rest of the tune.

Overall I liked the song, especially the singing.

dhoch

Thanks,... I can tell you what is missing... a real guitar player...hehe ... and a real guitar amp... but I am working on that. I just spoke to a co-worker who is a real guitar player and he is working on the tune.

Thanks for listening

nice sounds...

I thought the song needed a break in there, was kinda of repetitive. There is a bridge there but it just slipped by me the first time. definitly poppy. I think the guitars could come up a bit, and need a little briteness to them. The guitar playing is kinda cool, it's a mindless riff. I think you could play the verse riff as stupidly as possible and it would be there (I hope you know what I mean- not saying your a stupid guitar player!). The doubled guitar on the chorus is tasty, that's the hook. I think the drums could use some compression definitly, get the kick a little punchier, tighten up the snare sound. This girls got some pipes and some spunk. Sounds like you had a lot of fun.

-jhe

Back