bass vamp pro editor software prob

ame

Hello
I'm having trouble scanning for bvamp pro via midi hookup to my laptop:I've swapped in/out/thru and turned it off but I still have the error message that 'if thru function is active,cannot scan'has anyone got an understanding of this as the help is very vague.I've searched forums,u tube.......it should be easy,but what am I doing wrong.....also,I can RUN it but I'm not sure if its even installed....I can't see it in 'add hardware' or 'installed progs'in control panel of my computer either...can anyone help please?
Cheers from ame anew member,ok

It's probably a midi channel discrepancy... the vamp and software need to be set to the same midi channel. The thru function message may be a default no communication message because it's the most common cause...

Thanks MFP,
Yea sure I've got the same chanels selected....there's nothing but the error,I can turn volume on the software,the midi cable green lite is registring that,but nothing on the vamp itself? Where you should be able to change the name in the software,its Greyed out also..?any ideas...nice one ....Ame

Thanks MFP,
Yea sure I've got the same chanels selected....there's nothing but the error,I can turn volume on the software,the midi cable green lite is registring that,but nothing on the vamp itself? Where you should be able to change the name in the software,its Greyed out also..?any ideas...nice one ....Ame

ame:
My initial impression is that your MIDI interface or the bVamp has a hardware or software switch that sets the MIDI OUT port to either OUT or THRU, and it is currently set to THRU. Set it to OUT and you should be ok.

Paj
8^)

Thanks Paj
I've turned it off by pressing 'TAP'on the VAMP,as this is supposed to disable it?

Back