Bass Speakers

I Got Riffs

I bought a Peavey Scorpion that I found on Craigslist for $40 thinking it would be a good upgrade to a Peavey 1x15 cabinet that I have. I didn't bother to examine the existing speaker, but I've used it quite a bit and found it somewhat lacking... I just couldn't quite get volume I needed without it distorting. I even paired it with an Ampeg 4x12. I thought the Ampeg would handle more of the high end so I could get more from the 15". But it was still holding me back and I figured that since I got the cabinet for dirt cheap, I'd upgrade the speaker and have a killer cabinet for still pretty cheap. But when I was changing them out, I noticed that they look exactly the same(a slight color difference), and have all the same numerical info on a sticker:

SP15425

Other than this, there is no other info on the speakers. No logo, wattage or ohm info...

So did I just buy an identical speaker that isnt going to perform any better than the first? Maybe I should mount one in another cabinet and use them both? Or would it be better to mount both of them in a new cabinet together?

Back