Bass Sequencing ?

jay clarke

Hello

I am a guitarist and I wish to program or sequence a bass acompaniment to various stuff ive written. I have programmed the drums perfectly using acoustica beatcraft and they sound fab.

And i was wondering is there anyway of sequencing convincing rock bass?

I have cubase but don't have or want to use a midi keyboard, is there a way i can program bass that sounds good for rock music in a method other then midi?

and if not are there any midi sequencers that are ideal for the job of programming bass?

I dont have a bass or bass amp cos im a guitarist, but once again any ideas anyone has about replicating bass as I have done with drums to go as backing for recorded guitar will be very welcome!

Cheers

Jay

Just so you know, your double posting and cross posting (same post in several forums at once) will not be well-received here. So don't do it any more.

Pretty much any sequencing you do will involve midi, unless you want to use pre-recorded loops. Any good sequencer would be ideal for programming bass; good programming is the result of a good programmer, not a piece of software.

Right

Well I have cubase, dont really know how to use it very well but it seems to want me to have a midi keyboard which i dont have, does it have a programable midi sequencer? if not, is there any goodens you would reccomend?

Back