bass pickups in a guitar?

ndxs

I accidently bought a emg select bass pickup the other day for my guitar.:( . anybody ever try putting a bass p-up in a six string guitar before? How did it sound?

Hum.....

Wow, I really dont know what would happen. I would think that the range that it would be able to pick up would be greatly lowered, so the highest strings wouldnt work. But wouldnt you have to cut the body or the pickguard to get it to fit? EMG is a great pick-up for bass's, though i dont own a set, I have played with them, and i like them.

freak

more than likely, the pickup will reflect some things interestingly, but make most of the guitar sound kind of flat-the sweet spots in bass tone are different than guitar tone (obviously)-but that's not to say that it couldn't be quite interesting, especially with, say, a bass pickup at the neck and a good sharp guitar pickup at the bridge. my guess is that some notes on it would be very warm, full, and classic-sounding, but that most higher soloing would sound pretty thin. might be great lor lower-mid pitch riffing/soloing, aside from (i'm guessing) a lack of ability to cut, because those pickups are giving off a similar frequency spectrum to a bass.

thanx for the replies. that's kinda what i was thinking too.
oh well, i think i'l just return it and get a guitar p-up.
Any suggestions? I have an epiphone SG--wannabe that
plays good but sounds like crap.
thanx again.

Back