Bass has a high pitched buzz... W/ART Pre.

scottboyher

I am running my bass through an ART TSPII then into the mixer and computer. I plug the bass into the front HighZ input. It gives me a really high pitched buzz that does not go away when I touch the strings (like a ground problem).

When I plug the bass into a guitar pedal the buzzing does not exist... Do I have something set wrong or is something not matching.. Thanks.

Is the bass in exactly the same physical location when you plug it into the guitar pedal, or do you have to go somewhere else? I'm wondering whether EMI from the computer monitor might be getting into the pickups when you're at the computer.

Yes, I am in the same place when testing both hook up's.. BUT you could be right on that.. I try to turn away but it still gets the buzz.

If turning away doesn't affect the sound of the buzz, it's probably not the monitor.

Is your bass active or passive?

DonF said:
Is the bass in exactly the same physical location when you plug it into the guitar pedal, or do you have to go somewhere else? I'm wondering whether EMI from the computer monitor might be getting into the pickups when you're at the computer.

I have the same thing with my bass near the PC, turning off the monitor makes it stop for me.

similiarly, have you switched out cables, moved them away from the major PC parts, etc?

Daav

It has a passive soap bar pickup. I will try some different things but moving does not effect the sound/pitch/volume of the buzz.

Back