Bass / Guitar

skaltpunk

What would happen were i to put a bass string in place of one of the strings on my guitar? could i rig that to work?

The extra tension might damage the neck, namely twisting it. You'd have to make a custom nut and maybe bridge too. I'd try it on an El Cheapo first.

yeah, i have a guitar that is really cheap and i thought it might be a good experiment. i don't even really care if it damages the neck. maybe i'll re-inforce the neck with some steel.

i just think it would be awesome to have a super low E string. im not looking for a particular sound, just something to experiment with.

My friend got a set of those Zakk Wylde strings from GHS, the lightest set of that kind has a low e thats the same gauge as a g on a bass, so you could just buy those. But you will have to file the nut, as he "shattered" his by forcing it in to the slot that was half the size of the string, and he still gets bugged for that.

some ones a lazy ass and doesnt want to go out and get new strings...or maybe your currious...i dont know........but serriously, think about the difference in size, would it fit, could you actually tune it up to an E(adg...)i am just assuming it will sound like crap...lets just leave it at that

Back