Bass Effects

Metaphysicist

What is the best effect unit for bass?I've been looking at a few: Digitech BP-8, ART Nightbass, Zoom 3000B, and Peavey Bass Fex. Which would be considered the best and most versital? Or should I go with something like the Digitech 2101, which I know is a good unit, but it's not really geared for bass. What says you all?

if you go to http://www.harmony-central.com and go to the effects database, then you should be able to find a pretty comprehensive listing of user submitted reviews for effects units. I've read the reviews for the BP-8, and most were pretty negative. I just ordered a zoom BFX-708, I'll let you know what I think when it comes in.

-Nate K

-Nate K

Hey there!

I've bought a Zoom BFX-708, and i think it's great. Not only does it have a really great sound quality, it has so many different settings to every effect, you never stop toying around with it, making it one of the most flexible effect processors i've ever tried... Expression pedal is great, (makes it even more flexible) and becouse of ZNR (zoom noice reduction) it's really quiet...
Theres nothing more to say then it's really great... you should get it... :)
(loads of fun with the recording function as well... make a loop, play it, reverse it.. slow it down etc etc...)

Back