Bass Brands.

Not bad at all. Aesthetics a matter of personal preference. Good value in the US. Aimed more at the rock market, don't think you'd want one for funk, jazz or slap. The NS series was designed by Ned Steinberger, who also did various Warwicks.

If you buy one new you'll lose a chunk on resale, whichmight not matter (or get good value on a used one).

Very good, in line other top tier manf. instruments. The Korean models seem to be line of quality of the G&L Tribute series... a good ax at a good price. Responds very well to a set of TI Jazz Rounds.

The U.S and Czech made ones are great. I wasn't impressed with the lower priced Korean ones. I was actually looking for a 4 string this weekend and played 5 or 6 of them. They all were badly set up, had ugly finishes, and felt quite cheaply made. I ended up getting an agave blue mim jazz
instead.
I agree that they seem to be aimed at the rock crowd but also know that Flea has recorded with them and he has been known to get alittle funky and slap abit

Played on at GC the other day...

Along with some high end Warwicks and I will have to say I was impressed with the Spector's.. Except now I keep thinking of Phil Spector when I see one..

I've only played the higher end Spectors, but they really impressed me a lot. Really, really nice. Compared very favorably to any of the better mass produced basses out there.

Brad

Cool.
So, I plunked down a few coin on a Spector 4 string.
My first bass.
I don't see a model name or number on it anywhere.... just pickups labeled EMG-SSD
:cool:
:confused:

Back