Bass amp

mtx records

what is a good bass amp i could get used on ebay or somthing. i am looking for somthing that would be fairly loud for small gigs but also fairly decent for recording, thanks for any input

Looking to spend around 130.00-140.00

i dont think you can get anything good for that price, unless you get a good deal.. but i dont think you can get anyhting that would overpower the drums with $140 :(

You simply need power. 400 watts IMO. The sound quality will suck, but I think you could pull it off for about $250.

$150 is a pipe dream.

PIPE DREAM?
I don't think you could dream that with a cigarette - unless it was a funny one.
Serious bass amp = seroious money unless you are VERY LUCKY.

I hate to bear bad news but for less than $150 you aren't likely to be able to find anything of use beyond a practice amp. As others have said, for live performance you need power, and as a general rule more power means more money. I suggest you shop around for something used (but not abused) and plan to add a few more dollars to your budget. Even in small places you need power to push the lower frequencies of bass through the mix. Low power bass amps have to be cranked up to get enough volume and tend to get muddy sounding (distortion is not usually desireable on bass) also a more powerfull amp doesn't have to be turned up when you are in a smaller place. In general it is much better (especialy foe bass) to have more than you really need. I don't know any bass players who use less than 150-200 watt amps for live gigs, even in really small clubs.

mtx records said:
ok then what would be some suggestions for a 200 watt amp?

Don't even waste your money. You want to hear and feel the bass over the drums right?

I'm not married to the multi hundred watts concept.
My Marshall Superbass Mk II 100wer is pretty bloody loud &, when mic'd up for a bigger room, can be brutal.

Whatever you get, forget eBay. You'll pay too much for what will almost certainly be a problem amp, plus you'll have to pay an arm and a leg for shipping.

Shop hard, buy local.

rayc said:
I'm not married to the multi hundred watts concept.
My Marshall Superbass Mk II 100wer is pretty bloody loud &, when mic'd up for a bigger room, can be brutal.

Isn't the Superbass a tube amp? if it is then you obviously need to research this a bit more. Also, are you even using this amp for bass guitar? But thats beside the point.

Back