barcode stretching / shape

XerXes

i am the one who is who i
if anyone is familiar with Autechre, several of their albums have the edges of the barcode slightly obscured or extended vertically - basically making them more involved in the artwork, rather than being the standard rectangular size .... there is even an Aphex Twin Cd where the barcode is stretched vertically all the way across the entire back of the CD, but horizontally it is the same standard size.

my question:
i am pretty sure that you can't change the horizontal size of the barcode in the artwork, but vertically you can - as long as a barcode scanner can read the barcode horizontally at some point, it shouldn't matter what the vertical layout of the barcode is, right?
this seems correct to me, but it would be nice if someone could give a definative answer.

thanks.

i am pretty sure that you can't change the horizontal size of the barcode in the artwork, but vertically you can - as long as a barcode scanner can read the barcode horizontally at some point, it shouldn't matter what the vertical layout of the barcode is, right?

yep. that's right.

Back