Ballooning (something different)

windowman

Seems like everyone likes to show what they think is their best stuff on this board. I thought I'd start a new trend. My studio partner and myself had the opportunity to do the background music for a film on ballooning for the Discovery Channel around 10 years ago that unfortunately never saw the light of day. It's just typical background pads mostly but there was one little diddly I did for the closing credits that's just a fun rollicking rock tune. This is the demo I did for it (never got any farther than the demo) in my home studio. I used to do small 4-track reel to reel stuff at home and then take it over to Kurts place and show him how the tunes went and then we'd rerecord them much better with his equipment.

Sooooo, this is just your typical scratch-tape demo here. Just a drum machine and some guitars through an old Rockman Distortion Generator. Also my homemade pine bass (really!) Certainly nothing fancy going on here. Just 6 or 7 tracks. Remember, this is just for fun.

You must left click and choose to save to disc.

Another prohosting victim....

No go...

I got enough html files!!!

Switch to something that doesnt' require acrobatics to get to the file.

nowhereradio.com comes to mind.

Did you miss this part?

"You must left click and choose to save to disc."

If you "right" click then you haven't followed instructions. Youare right though, in that they should make an effort to be more like everyone else.

Hey that's pretty groovy!

It sounds like 10 years ago, dig those pinched harmonics!

I like the opening guitar sound, actually all the guitars sound cool.

Cool!

What? I didn't win the golden turkey award? Foiled again!

I should point out that Kurt and I had no success what so ever with our commercial venture. We're from a small town in Southern Illinois and as you can imagine there's not a lot of call for studio work out here. The reason we got in good with this film producer was because Kurt worked as a graphic artist for A. G. Edwards at the time and he oversaw the artistic end of their commercials (St. Louis area), which is where he met this guy. He was really good to us but all his projects kept falling through. Well…eventually we just gave up.

Anybody else got any scratch tape stuff? I love things like that. Just music that's fun that doesn't necessarily have to sound great. Some of the most fun things Kurt and I did together was just studio horseplay really.

Back